Name
    Kenneth
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. And justifiably so !
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Looks like a someone got a bargain price. You know its only going to get more expensive.

[U] [/U]

Attached Images Attached Images For Bugatti Lovers-_45455849_jex_284894_de27-1-jpg 
    Last edited by ScaleMotorcars; 02-07-09 at 10:17 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    I have seen the car yesterday, and also other cars. In my opinion it is a very overpriced car. On the show there was a very similar car available, restored, for considerably less! Also a type 57S Atalante!

The car shown is in very need of restauration. I do not mean a cosmetic one, but it needs complete overhauling. The exhaust was so brittle that it cracked in 2 during moving of the car. Interior is a mess, and all wiring must be replaced. I fear that the internals also have suffered considerably.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    It almost sounds like it should be a curbside resto. The techs have their work cut out for them.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I can understand why it went so high.

Remember I spent nearly 2 decades as an antiques dealer and I'm sure the winner purchased it for its UN-restored condition and its provenance.

Theres a real story behind this specific car and that always related to bigger bucks.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I was just digging around our buddy Herman's site and found this story.

I remember reading about it in the Automotive Quarterly and always wondered what happened to those cars. I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of the book.

Heres the link to Herman's page. Here.

And the YouTube video that goes with it.

QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    The book you are referring to is called "the fate of the sleeping beauties" and is only available in Dutch at the moment. However, it is in the process of being translated to English, and will be published. I have been at the book presentation, and have spoken to Mr. Dovaz. A really gentle man, with a great sense of humor.

I will ask the writer of the book (Ard op de Weegh) for his timepath.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Very cool. Let us know or see if he'll drop in and update us on when we might expect that. I know as soon as the English copy is made Ill be ordering a one.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    The Dutch publisher is doing negotiations with an American publisher, so things might go fast.

I will direct Ard op de Weegh to this thread. I think he will like it.

About the book: A real nice story about the search, about Dovaz, and about the cars. Really amazing.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Just want to welcome our newest member Ard, the author of "The Fate of the Sleeping Beauties"

So is there a release date for the English copy? And can you share with us a little more about the book and your research.

Dus is er een release datum voor de Engels-exemplaar? En kunt u met ons een beetje meer over het boek en uw onderzoek.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Ard's Avatar Member
    I am very delighted to see our book discussed on an English spoken forum. Herman, thanks for the nice words. I think, the English book will be available in June.

In the meantime Arnoud and I are ready to answer any question about the collection of Michel Dovaz.

In the february number of Automobile Quarterly there wil be an article of the two of us about the reserve collection (Malmerspach Collection) of Schlumpf. The best pieces of it are shipped to the USA to be shown in a museum of Peter Mullin in Oxnard California. Unrestored.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Ard's Avatar Member
    For some more informations see our website - Introduction
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Welcome to the site,Ard. Your website is incredible. I'm looking forward to seeing your book in English.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    :)' Fantastic!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #15