Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    How the heck did I miss this?? It didn't show up on my 'puter until today. That's a beautiful engine Tage. I have that one somewhere and now I have something to go by.

Hey wait a minute you guys. Take a look at that piece of ribbon on the left of that beauty. If my eyes serve me right, that's an award at a model show. Great work, Tage!!! My heartiest congrats. We have a new award winner on our site. Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 04-22-09 at 07:03 PM.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    That's a nice lookin' Hemi Tage. For some reason it didn't show up on my list either until today. Congrats on the win. I really like all the little details on it.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    The fuel line detail is great and the heat conductor for the automatic chokes is something you don't see every day.

Cool build!!!!!

Tim
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. Buildlarge's Avatar Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cline View Post
    Is this what you're looking for. If so, PM me and we'll discuss.
    Hey, do ya have anymore?
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. gbritnell's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    George
    Here are a couple of pictures of my scratch built Lets See Your Engines Holt tractor engine. I would say the scale is about 1/5-1/6. The crankcase, gear cases, cylinder water jackets, water pump and fan assembly are made from 6061 aluminum. The heads are cast iron. The crank is mild steel and the cam is drill rod. It is a splash oil system and has water cooling circulated by a small centrifugal pump. It has a spark ignition timed with contact points and fired by a small electronic ignition unit. I have about 2 years of build and refinement time getting it to run well. I am including a couple of links to my Youtube account showing this engine running.
    gbritnell

Attached Images Attached Images Lets See Your Engines-holt-rad-zn-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-holt-rad-zo-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    WOW!!!

That thing sound wonderful. I love it!!

Truely a work of art!!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Here is the TDR Lets See Your Engines Offy I recently finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets See Your Engines-4-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-5-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-3-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-2-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-1-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    I dug up some earlier attempts
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets See Your Engines-sizedbug-aft-lft-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-fiat-engine-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-sized-top-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-sized-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-flat-head-left-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    These are what can be done by the average modeler with the new TDR Lets See Your Engines process.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets See Your Engines-img_2549-jpg  Lets See Your Engines-img_2541-jpg 
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    You guys are killin' me over here. I gotta get back in the workshop tonight.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Way to go Syd, you'll soon have to quit being so humble with the average modeler thing, you're leading the way with this new (to many of us) RP Lets See Your Engines material and I have to add doing a bang up job of it.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #26