Close

1. Well to start off with every one that knows me knows I am a bit off my bubble when it comes to anything with wheels! So now thats out of the way, I have a chance to buy the wagon in the pick. It's a 59 Edsel Villager. 44,000 Arkansas miles, 330 V8. Needs left front fender rocker panels and some minor body work and paint. So I am kicking it around. Would make a cool KC Slammer mobile! I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for it. One of them involves Gramps. finding me a Longboard for cheap!! Used to own two when I lived in Fl. bought them at garage sales! So give me some imput guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images Wholly cow it's an Edsel!!!!!!!-ed-1-jpg  Wholly cow it's an Edsel!!!!!!!-ed-2-jpg  Wholly cow it's an Edsel!!!!!!!-ed-3-jpg 
    It's a fine line between stupid and cleaver....
    David St. Hubbins "Spinal Tap"
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. miked.'s Avatar Active Member
    This could be a real cool project. I'm seeing matt black, red steelies and red interior. Oh yea, can't forget the surfer stickers for the back quarter windows! You are not the only car nut, I just pick up a 40 Ford sedan.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. I was thinking going back to the white but paint the roof red with LOTS of metalflake! also dothe same thing inbetween the trim along the sides. Run the orig wheels red with beauty rings and spyder caps. lower it. Blocks in the back, shorter coils in front. A set of porta walls on the tires also. Luggage rack with longboard on top. And tons of surf stickers in the windows!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. MojoDoctor's Avatar Active Member
    Go for it!
    I like your ideas for kustomizing.

This one is not a wagon, but it proves an Edsel can go low!

You can never have too much flake!

Matt
    Experience is what you get when you were experiencing something else!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    There should be a few long boards left hangin' around, I'll see if I can find a couple.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I had a chance about 5 years ago to buy a 1960 Edsel from a dealer's used car lot. The dealer wanted $6000 for it but the body had a bunch of cancer under a new paint job and the engine ran real rough. It would have taken me a lot more cash to get it running whee it wouldn't die on me easily.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You did good to walk away from that deal Jeff. Unless you are a hard core greaser with all kinds of determination and a masochistic attitude.......grin when you see an Edsel and walk on by.
    Rich on the other hand, lives in that bubble that still thinks WishNiks and Angel hair are way cool. If you guys knew all the hassles involved with "real" metal flake Wholly cow it's an Edsel!!!!!!! you'd have us all committed.
    Just havin' some fun since it's in the Off-Topic section........Rich.....if you leave it white, would it be called Moby Dick? I can see it now with cork float fish nets in the rear windows and a long board roof rack made from old harpoons. Maybe even a small ships wheel for steering.....and don't forget the bouncing hula girl and compass on the dash.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. I'm hoping there will be some fishnets in there somewere!!! Just don't know if they will be the kind that actuly catch fish!LOL!!!!!!! I'm still workin a deal on this one guys! The guy that has it wants 1,600 bucks for it and I am willing to shell out about 1,200 for it. Resale on 59 wagons restored is about 6 grand. Wich is pretty darn low! Been looking on ebay and thats the going rate. I want to have less than 3grand in it by the time I am done with it. Rule number one with it if I get it is it does not interfear with the Riviera build. But I am wanting something wild to hit cruise nights in untill I get the Riv. finished. I figure I can do this on the cheap and it won't take to long! And just think pulling into the LeadSlead next year! I will have the Riv. on a trailer behind my dodge truck gettig the top choped and have Madd or Twicepipes follow in the Edsel so we can take it to the drags and cruise around in it.:
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Also the name HMMMM...... To bad Sleadsel is taken. Might call it the Titanic. Think about it they both sank!!!!!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    What about calling it Orca? That one sank too. We're gonna need a bigger----
    Edsel??
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #10