Close

1. EstebanLoco's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    I was going through some old pictures and found these shots of my 6 year garage restoration of a 71 Bug. Engine is (dressed up) stock 1600 with dual low-tuck headers, body has 3" wider than stock (non -flared) fiberglass fenders (and running boards). I spliced two bumpers (front and rear) and then welded them together to make wider bumpers to match wide fenders. Welds are hidden by bumper gaurds. Wheels are 10" rear - 8" front. Front turn signals removed and moved to front bumpers. Interior has Scat low-back seats and scratcbuilt console and dash inserts (decopauge of course). Rear seat removed and deck was built (with lift up lid to accomodate ice chest cooler). Most accessories (steering wheel, stick shift, window cranks, etc) are from Cal Custom. I did all the body work but paint was a Maico special.
    Attached Images Attached Images Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-1-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-2-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-4-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-5-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-6-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-7-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-8-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-9-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-10-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-11-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-12-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-13-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-14-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-15-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-16-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-17-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-18-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-19-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-20-jpg  Labor of Love - Garage VW Build-vw-21-jpg 
    I'm just a soul whose intentions are good . . .

"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley Earl
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I remember seeing some of these pics. I always did like that one. I'd feel pretty good driving the interstate with that.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2