Close

What Do You Do?
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

What Do You Do? What Do You Do? What Do You Do? What Do You Do? What Do You Do?
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: What Do You Do?

1. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    So now that I've been doing this model car stuff for a few months, I have two completed and two 60% there that I'll finish in a month or so. I am wondering what do you do with your cars when your done? They're big. I have what I call a "I Love Me" wall with all my trophies, awards, medals old helmets and that kind of junk. It's filled up now so I display the cars on the piano. I'm going to build the next two cars for my two grandsons that are 7. I feel they need to have a kick a*# USAC 80s style non- wing sprinter to really grow and develop, don't you? So tell me,please, what you all do with your stuff when it's done?
    Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    I work as a computer tech for the military and I have my own office. I have a set of shelves on the wall where I display military related stuff that I build. I only have a couple of models displayed since I had to take a break from the modeling to pursue a Masters degree. I'll be done with the degree at the end of June, graduate in July and then I plan on getting into the machine shop.

The models share space with my vintage software collection....still lookinig for an MS-DOS v1.0 disk if anyone has one laying around :)

Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I have no interest in showing my models. Like the 1:1 What Do You Do? cars I used to build, once finished they are sold.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    I have them all over my apartment and garage.
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Perhaps one day I'll build one that I can step back from, eyeball and say "okay...that's the best I can do". That would be a keeper.
    Until then I'm just practicing, they get parted out, traded, torn down, rebuilt or used for parts, given to the grandkids etc.
    I love to build 'em but I'm not much good at dusting them.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    I also think that building the cars is the fun part but I wasn't sure if it was taboo to get rid of them once they're finished. Now I know it's okay. I have been building stuff all of my adult life and other than the house I live in, once I'm done building something I get rid of it.
    Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    I'm thinking about turning a room in my place into a display room for all my models. I think that would be cool.
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    When I was a young bloke and really into building in a huge way, I had something like 40+ 1/25th scale trucks and trailers. I took over my parents double garage for my workshop and built two enormous display cabinets, each one took up a whole wall. I took them all with me when I moved out. My first wife reduced my collection by 50% with a broom. These days I only have a bookcase to put the good ones in, and a few survivors from back then are in cartons in the shed along with a wardrobe full of spare parts.
    I'd like a couple of nice glass cabinets to display them rather than a bookcase. Now that I'm happily single I can do what ever I want in my own house
    QUOTE QUOTE #8