Close

1. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Hi guys, i may have the chance to get one of these kits alot cheaper than Ive seen them before, is the kit any good? does it build up well? any help is much appreciated
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    From what Ive seen its a great model. Tons of detail and as with all 1/8 scale you can add more. I alway thought it would be great to chop the top and slam it on the ground. Some biggies out back and do the entire Boydster paint and leather interior. Heres a few ideals I found... :D Daniel

QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Dan, maybe Mike would loan you the steering wheel long enough to make a mold.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Steve said he had one but I havent heard back yet.

Mike keep the wheel It would get destroyed in the process of doing the 40 ford steering wheel. Ill find one someday. Theres always Evilbay...

Still need that darn Pocher Dinner jacket rim. That one I can return unharmed it anyone has one to loan me.. :D Daniel
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. EstebanLoco's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Dan, I've got a wheel ready to send you. Send me your address.

Mike-

This kit is one of the most detailed and highly engineered plastic models of all time. With over 1000 [U]plastic[/U] pieces, it has to rank among the tops in that category.

I have started this kit but have not gotten past the engine, which I super-detailed and added working features. I have a back-up kit and also a partially built kit as a back-up. It wasn't that I was having difficulties - it's just that my interests went elsewhere. Someday, I will finish this kit.

I have read somewhere that the front suspension is a little fragile because of all the weight it supports on small plastic parts. My plan was to reinforce potential problem areas with metal or other materials wherever possible.

Personally, I would not recommend building this kit as a hot Heller Citroen Traction Avant rod or modified [U]until[/U] you have built the kit somewhat box stock Heller Citroen Traction Avant . There are many things that need to be experienced (for example, the body is comprised of multiple pieces which make it difficult to paint.)

What originally attracted me to this kit was the enormous number of parts represented. Practically every nut and bolt is included as a separtate plastic piece. There are 2 full rubber sprues that include every wire on the original car. That's right - every wire (well most). It also includes relays and terminals.
    The wiring diagram could easily be mistaken for a 1:1 Heller Citroen Traction Avant car. The seats are molded in hard rubber and have a soft, cushy feel to them.

The instructions are in French with English translation. I had my wonderful wife, who happens to be one of the greatest typists of all time, transcribe the instructions into Microsoft Word. This really made it easier during assembly. If you decide to build the Citroen, I'll send you the file. I sent Rob a set last year when he was planning a Gansta version.

I'll try and dig up my engine pictures and include them on this post.

Stevie
    Attached Images Attached Images Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-01-jpg  Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-02-jpg  Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-03-jpg  Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-04-jpg  Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-05-jpg  Heller Citroen Traction Avant-citroen-06-jpg 
    I'm just a soul whose intentions are good . . .

"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley Earl
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Cheers for all the help guys, those engine pics are amazing, if i get this kit i will be building it stock in memory of my grandfather who passed away last sataday knight, a great man who was awarded the Victoria Cross for his brave bombing missions over germany.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Mike,
    My sincere condolences on the loss of your grandfather. It is always difficult to lose a member of your family. He was a very courageous man and you must be extremely proud of him.

Don
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    i am very proud of him, he may not have given his life during the war but by the end of the war his mental health was very bad.
    "The war to end all wars" when will people learn.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    ive been lookung at the instruction manual online, looks like a realy involved build and im wondering if it well hold my attention, i could build a RAF inspired 32 or T
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Sorry to hear about your lose Mike. :( Have you thopught about doing it in the same colors as the cross?

Thats a cool red and with some gold pinstriping might be cool. Maybe even a airbrushed cross in the boot in honor of your grandfather. Daniel
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    that's a cool idea Dan, one of the ideas i had is to build it as if it was built during the war, flat paint, RAF symbols on the doors, wooden floor boards, aircraft style seats, dials, switches etc, there are a few RAF museums round here, so getting reference would not be a problem, "i think ive just talked myself into it" :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    I really like the way your project is headed Mike.....one of a kind.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Mike1981's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    i think i might do it as a flathead powered T, now ive just got to wait for it to come out :(
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Quote Originally Posted by EstebanLoco View Post

Mike-

This kit is one of the most detailed and highly engineered plastic models of all time. With over 1000 [U]plastic[/U] pieces, it has to rank among the tops in that category.

I have started this kit but have not gotten past the engine, which I super-detailed and added working features. I have a back-up kit and also a partially built kit as a back-up. It wasn't that I was having difficulties - it's just that my interests went elsewhere. Someday, I will finish this kit.

I have read somewhere that the front suspension is a little fragile because of all the weight it supports on small plastic parts. My plan was to reinforce potential problem areas with metal or other materials wherever possible.

Personally, I would not recommend building this kit as a hot Heller Citroen Traction Avant rod or modified [U]until[/U] you have built the kit somewhat box stock Heller Citroen Traction Avant . There are many things that need to be experienced (for example, the body is comprised of multiple pieces which make it difficult to paint.)

What originally attracted me to this kit was the enormous number of parts represented. Practically every nut and bolt is included as a separtate plastic piece. There are 2 full rubber sprues that include every wire on the original car. That's right - every wire (well most). It also includes relays and terminals.
    The wiring diagram could easily be mistaken for a 1:1 Heller Citroen Traction Avant car. The seats are molded in hard rubber and have a soft, cushy feel to them.

The instructions are in French with English translation. I had my wonderful wife, who happens to be one of the greatest typists of all time, transcribe the instructions into Microsoft Word. This really made it easier during assembly. If you decide to build the Citroen, I'll send you the file. I sent Rob a set last year when he was planning a Gansta version.

Stevie
    Thank you Stevie and Herman for these pics. These are great!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. exserco's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dominiek
    Quote Originally Posted by EstebanLoco View Post

Mike-

Stevie
    Perhaps a little late, but I've just picked thisone up.
    Can you tell me if this is the correct color like originally it was from the factory. What color (brand and type) did you use here please?

Thank you
    QUOTE QUOTE #15