Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Mr Casual's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Michael
    G'day, still trying to move pics around.
    Living the life on the left coast of the big island down under.
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Mr. Casual, I think you need to print and or enlarge and trace the image I posted for you. Your profile(side view) drawings are not there yet.

Ken

Long Range Project
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. The creative explorer's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.Star View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong. Just relying on Mr.Peter Kaus. But does it make sense, to use torn and twisted parts of the aluminium body, when you're replicating most of it? They must be masters to recreate the structure and strenght of the material again to get this cat back on the road and track again. Just tried to help a little...won't do that nevermore

Bye
    Michael
    Michael,

Don't take offense in it, it wasn't a personal attack at you. It was a mere observation and that of what you wrote and the article you then showed didn't match.
    Like Ken said somewhere in the first page of this topic; it is confusion gallore and it is hard to find the truth back.
    And when you are participating in a discussion, you also need to accept that there might be different opinions ;-)

No, it is not making sense to use torn and twisted parts of the body, but according to the story's, they used a spare body and used the good components back to rebuild the car.
    It was not uncommon in those days, in the modern days, we hardly do it, since it is labour intensive and too expensive. In those days; it was possible.
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. Mr Casual's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Michael
    G'day again guys, I finally got the drawings up, man that was hard, ok enough whinging and moaning. The block of balsa I'm working with is two blocks glued together anyway, which as you suggested has given me a centre line. Oh yeah xken what is "basswood"?
    regards Michael.
    Living the life on the left coast of the big island down under.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Oh yeah xken what is "basswood"?
    Mr. Casual you need to know my friend Mr. Basswood; he is much better to carve for patterns than balsa. Basswood is a standard for scratch building/carving just about anything. I use it extensively building my WWI planes.

Introduce yourself to Mr. Basswood at Midwest Products look for the "Basswood Blocks"

Keep posting pictures of your progress.

Ken

Long Range Project
    QUOTE QUOTE #20