Close

Thread: Revival.

1. 36fiat's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    Starting a new(old!) project. It is a 51 year old glue bomb Revival. that needs a total strip down, repair, and re-design. Gonna update front suspension with steerable wheels, headers will be more realistic zoomies. The body will be filled, smoothed, and re-colored GREEN!
    Attached Images Attached Images Revival.-mav2-jpg  Revival.-mav1-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Trying to guess the make of the car. Is that a Ford Maverick Funny Car? What is the brand of the kit? What is the scale? Looks like a fun project.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Perfect summer project!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. 36fiat's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    Thanks all. It is a Mean Maverick, kind of hard to come by but available for a price. Only issued for 1 year in 1970, so not many around anymore. Tom Daniels designed, but not truly to scale. It is a 1/12 scale, so it is medium size(over 12 inches long). Fun to work with, but being 51 years old it is BRITTLE!!! Caution rules. If there is interest, I will post progress. If not, I will post anyway, cuz I am having fun doing something I LOVE doing since before this model was new!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. 36fiat's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    Well, off to a start. Had to rebuild the frame to be more "project friendly". That means cutting off the gear train that raised the body, removing about a pound of glue, and finally replacing crossmembers & bracing. Attached are some pics to show the start. Added a 3D printed HILBORN injector cuz I like the looks of them. Built new headers and tucked them in tighter to the body. comparison picture of the original zoomies versus the scratch. In the closup of the header cutout, the white "lines" in the body are filler. I filled in all the seams, door & hood lines to smooth out the body.
    Attached Images Attached Images Revival.-bare-frame-jpg  Revival.-rebuilt-frame-jpg  Revival.-engine-1-jpg  Revival.-header-comparo-jpg  Revival.-header-cutout-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. 36fiat's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    Shaping up!!!Revival.-20210906_213740-jpgRevival.-20210906_115851-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Looking great. Quite a resurrection! Not a glue bomb Revival. any longer. Looking forward to seeing the body finished.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. 36fiat's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    One step closer!!! For some reason, my pics are always sideways no matter how I try to make them correct. Oh well, I tried.. Decals are next then a clearcoat, polish, and finish. Thank you for the kind support..

Regards:
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images Revival.-20210913_183552-jpg  Revival.-20210913_183615-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #8