Close

1. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    I make my living as a musician and music educator and some of the people I play with - often very fine musicians, make their living in other ways. Musicians often "zing" or make playful insulting jabs at one another in jest. Sometimes we do it to ourselves when we're having a bad night and one of our expressions is, "Don't quit your day job!" The meaning - just in case the expression doesn't translate well - is you'll need that job to eat because your music isn't working for you. Ouch! We have many more like that, but this post is specifically about a very desirable day job.

I saw this video on a site I visit regularly about someone who builds models......for Ferrari.....for his living! This is a "day job" we all might enjoy doing!

Along with the film is a link to a model that came up for sale recently.

https://petrolicious.com/films/umberto-galli-ferraris-model-maker

https://silodrome.com/ferrari-formula-1-model/

Last edited by JunkGTZ; 02-27-21 at 10:01 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Thank you for sharing these!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'd never be able to hold that job down. I'm too much of a dang perfectionist. Half the time, when I make some part or modify a part, I toss it and make another one because I am never satisfied. I'd never get the model finished.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    I'd never be able to hold that job down. I'm too much of a dang perfectionist. Half the time, when I make some part or modify a part, I toss it and make another one because I am never satisfied. I'd never get the model finished.
    If the Commendatore was still around you'd get it done for sure because failure was not an option with the old man!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4