Close

1. gigglingmonkey's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mick
    after a few years distraction I've returned to modelling with the development of a couple of ideas around Cycle Car/ Karts and I need to make/buy a simplish chassis jig to compensate for a reduction in steadiness of hand. I need something that will positively hold parts in place for soldering. I have a 3D printer I can use to make it but having big trouble getting my mind around CAD especially 3D CAD. I could also use other materials so long as I don't over do it.

any/all help welcomed

mick in glen innes 2370
    don't follow me, I'm making it up as I go
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello!

For soldering you’ll need to use materials that can handle the heat.

You might want to look in the tool catalogs offered by Rio Grande, a supplier of jewelry supplies.

Soldering tweasers and fire bricks work for most of us.

Machinists have one, two, three blocks which can be assembled in many configurations, . . .
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Many years ago I bought a book from a $1 remainder table. Metal Techniques for Craftsmen, by Oppi Uttrecht. While written for jewelry makers, it is a wealth of information on cutting, bending, hammering, soldering, brazing, casting chassis jig design and even some machining of small metal parts, and techniques are explained somewhere between layman and engineer - that is, craftsman, level. It's my first references when wondering how to do something to a piece of metal.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3