Close

Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information.
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information. Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information. Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information. Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information. Looking for Bugatti Type 50B Engine Information.
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Forgot about this thread.

Earlier in the summer a fine book was released on the Type 50, that were raced back in the day. There is pretty good coverage of the engine, though the book is a bit pricey.
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. MoFo's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mickey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Fan View Post
    The Pocher engine has already been recommended it the mode! Is 1/8 scale. If you are looking to build this in 1/24 scale the Heller /Airfix kit will yield the engine that you want. I have seen a 1/43 scale model of this car built without any engine retail a number of years ago. I think that it may have been issued / sold as a white metal kit originally by Grand Prix Mode!s here in the UK.
    Just to clarify, I'm looking to design and build my own kit, not source existing parts. I just need the references to do so.

The book sounds interesting. Is that the 'Great Cars' volume on the Type 50? If anyone has a copy, I'd be interested to know just how much photographic coverage there is of the engine - are there a bunch of detail shots that would be useful in scratchbuilding, or just a handful of blurry, wider images that barely show the major shapes?
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. MoFo's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mickey
    Also, could you shoot a few pics of the engine from the front and back? Should be enough to do a reasonable 1/43 representation. Although I'm struggling a bit with the size - scaled down from the Pocher engine, it's too big to fit 3x engines in-line. It would comfortably fit 2x engines, but there's no way I could cram in three. If I scale them down a further 25%, I can fit three engines nicely, but they're super narrow, and look kind of silly (I could probably cram six in the engine bay, 3 pairs of 2)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18