Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Forgot about this thread.

Earlier in the summer a fine book was released on the Type 50, that were raced back in the day. There is pretty good coverage of the engine, though the book is a bit pricey.
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. MoFo's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mickey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Fan View Post
    The Pocher engine has already been recommended it the mode! Is 1/8 scale. If you are looking to build this in 1/24 scale the Heller /Airfix kit will yield the engine that you want. I have seen a 1/43 scale model of this car built without any engine retail a number of years ago. I think that it may have been issued / sold as a white metal kit originally by Grand Prix Mode!s here in the UK.
    Just to clarify, I'm looking to design and build my own kit, not source existing parts. I just need the references to do so.

The book sounds interesting. Is that the 'Great Cars' volume on the Type 50? If anyone has a copy, I'd be interested to know just how much photographic coverage there is of the engine - are there a bunch of detail shots that would be useful in scratchbuilding, or just a handful of blurry, wider images that barely show the major shapes?
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. MoFo's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mickey
    Also, could you shoot a few pics of the engine from the front and back? Should be enough to do a reasonable 1/43 representation. Although I'm struggling a bit with the size - scaled down from the Pocher engine, it's too big to fit 3x engines in-line. It would comfortably fit 2x engines, but there's no way I could cram in three. If I scale them down a further 25%, I can fit three engines nicely, but they're super narrow, and look kind of silly (I could probably cram six in the engine bay, 3 pairs of 2)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18