Close

1. Kraftwerk's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Steve
    Hello, we are in the late planning stage of a new vehicle partwork model company and wed like your help to support or add to our market research already undertaken. This is not product research, but marketing, advertising and how you feel about partwork models.

So we dont fill this thread with speculation and generic postings, we are operating an opt-in participation scheme. Simply email us at survey@kitpart.co.uk and well respond with an 8-question survey for you to fill in and email back. This survey is completely anonymous so there is no need to add your name or any other personal information. When the survey is complete (approx end of October) we will delete your email address. We will not store any information about you other than your responses.

Please be as honest and open as you can as this will fine-tune the way we communicate with our potential customers and how we offer our products. We have several models lined up, the first of which will be starting laser scanning in the new year and we hope to have it open for subscription the following year (early 2020).

Please take part the more of you who do, the better we are able to offer you innovative and highly engineered products the way you want them presented. The email address again is survey@kitpart.co.uk

Thank you for your time,
    Steve
    Kitpart Limited
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Kraftwerk's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Steve
    I have just been informed a prize will be given to one random respondent (across three websites). The prize will be awarded on 31st October 2018 and the winner will be notified by email.

Good luck!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Kraftwerk's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Steve
    Hello, is partwork modelling not a market is the US? I can't easily find any references to any, other than the European builds shown on here.

Essentially, it's a Pocher-style model split into part editions and sent periodically to spread the cost and encourage a 'community' of builders. We were planning a US distribution office, but if there is no market for this approach to building we will have to rethink. This is a shame as we have some models with a certain amount os American appeal.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello,

You might check with Marshall Buck, at Creative Miniatures, I believe he has tried to sell models on a subscription basis? -I'm not too sure how well it has gone for him. I believe he was offering a Reventlow Scarab.

Good Luck! -Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Kraftwerk's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Steve
    Thank you Don.

We have looked into providing the model as a complete single-purchase kit, and may offer this in addition to a subscription, especially for overseas territories (we are UK-based). The problem with low volume, high quality products with many hundreds of parts is that they are very expensive to produce. I doubt there would be much, if any, change from USD1000 for even our smallest model.

A subscription-based purchased scheme would help ease the cost of ownership and bring you into a community of modellers all building the same model at the same time, enabling you to share tips, add further detail and even to show how you create your own personal and unique version of the model. This particular type of scheme is very popular in Europe.

Steve
    QUOTE QUOTE #5