Close

Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster
Accepted Payment Types

1. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Greetings,

In the last year or so someone pasted a link into another build thread of a scratch built Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster and it was the builder's own site. I want to say it was a German site exclusive to this builder's work and I believe the builds were developed to be in kit form for sale (for very high prices) - a Bugatti grand prix car that was modified for sports car racing. I have some images of the real car, but wanted to save the link for a concept build I'm cooking up in my head - a clip file of sorts for a possible future build. Does the image below jog anyone's memory as to the site? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster-bugatti-type-59-sports-roadster-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    AMALGAM? Or maybe the reworked Burago by Francisco Pulido?

Both are beautiful models, the Pulido is a one off Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster for himself, but, the AMALGAM are for sale. -and if you consider how much you spend on your hobby over a ten year period? -they are actually cheap!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    I found it! When I searched Francisco Pulido the Bugatti Builders site came up and I found an image and tracked down the site. Here it is:

http://psmscalemodels.blogspot.fr/p/bugatti-59.html

It's an amazing build and the nose and headlight placement are particularly intriguing to me. My chassis has a buggy style dual trailing arm front suspension and the grill work would have to be slightly ahead of the front wheels which doesn't work well if you are desigining something with a tapered nose like an old school front engined cycle fendered roadster or sports car. The nose on this one gives me an idea of how I might make it work and this particular car is such a stunning shape. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster-bugatti-type-59-king-leopold-2-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster-bugatti-type-59-king-leopold-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Another shot of the real car. Now I can save these images and threads for another time. I don't need to start anything when I have stuff to finish.
    Seeking a build link on the Bugatti Type 59 Sports Roadster-bugatti-type-59-king-leopold-3-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    ​Wow! What a modeler!! I do remember his work now! Thank you for posting this! -Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    Roi de Belges?
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    I believe his name is Laurent Pierson from France.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    Can you repeat the German builder's link on this thread?
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    I'm not sure what German build sight you were referring to, but here is the link to the site I was originally looking for. His name is Laurent Pierson from France.

http://psmscalemodels.blogspot.fr/p/bugatti-59.html

This will serve as inspiration for a future build I have in mind. Lord willing, I'll get to it someday.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    That IS great work!! Very inspired!

Check out Tony Dennis,

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri21.htm

and Duncan McLaren. aka. ACORN Precision Reproductions

www.duncanmclarenacorn.com

Both are members of the NEW wave of master modelers!

(my humble opinion) -Don
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 03-21-18 at 10:26 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10