Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    Keep in mind Gregg used to be my friend many years ago. My wife and I even put him up overnight when he was in town. But he turned on me several years ago. I still don't know why for sure, and as nasty as he was I was surprised when I confronted him about it four years ago and he claimed to not remember or even know what I was talking about.

The first words out of his mouth last weekend when he saw me in the hallway were disrespectful and rude. So I chose not to have a conversation with him.
    Plus I didn't need to ask him anything because I know from past experience his responses would be lies, deflections and/or useless platitudes.

Many of the others at the show either don't know or chose to ignore his dishonest ways. (This I know from conversations with many of them.) I suspect the ones who were cordial to him just want a chance at having the "fame" of getting a picture with their name in a magazine, oblivious to the fact it will never happen in that one.

He blew smoke up their, well, you know. The two main responses were ignoring him or schmoozing.
    Build what you want and build it for yourself, the rest will follow... - Mark D. Jones
    QUOTE QUOTE #31

2. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Noel
    Liked Mr Charles' post and tongue in cheek remark about car modellers possibly 'Genuflecting as they passed by Gregg' at the GSL
    Has he become the Patron Saint of Car Modellers all of a sudden or something? Most saints are history and Gregg will be no different when the magazine goes under.
    Scale Master's latest post just about says it all.
    Lifetime subscriptions to what appears to be an obviously failing magazine? Someone is having a laugh!
    Same old record! Same old platitudes! Same old excuses! Same old etc. etc.etc.
    For someone pleading hard times a return air fare from Hawaii and hotel bill must have come from somewhere?????
    Last edited by Bugatti Fan; 05-17-19 at 10:47 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

3. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    Don't you know? Gregg is a Legend! (In his own mind.) Just ask him.
    He may be well known in some circles, but the reality is what he's known for is not what he thinks or dreams it is.
    Build what you want and build it for yourself, the rest will follow... - Mark D. Jones
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

4. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Noel
    When I chased up Gregg for my authors fee some time after my commissioned Due! Rig article went to press I thought that he was a genuine guy struggling a bit after going it alone. I offered that he pay me in kind with some out of the box review stuff, kits, resins, photo etched, decals etc to the value of the 400 dollars owed to me. All I got was a refusal of that option, and to date remain still unpaid since November 2015 thus showing his true colours.
    I guess that there are many other authors who have been stiffed like me who will no longer write for that magazine. The standard will drop and so will the readers. Subscribers have had a raw deal despite all of the lame excuses, platitudes lack of professionalism as a commercial magazine and empty promises.
    The Writing Is On The Wall. !!
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

5. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    So for his Ponzi scheme to work he said he needs a set amount of people to buy the lifetime subscriptions.
    What if not enough people buy into it? Will they get their money back?

Even if he gets the full amount of people to buy in, watch and see how he changes the rules since the math doesn't work according what he has claimed his costs are.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it an online only deal, no hard copies to print, more cash in his pocket, but not what he sold.
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

6. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Noel
    Bob Turner did the Maths a couple of years ago on the MCM Forum. Naturally the thread it was in was quickly removed even though hard mathematical facts were presented!
    Surprise, Surprise !!!! Looks like someone is in denial.
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

7. s.e.charles's Avatar Member
    Name
    s.e.
    a substantial amount of the population is clinging to the premise our entire hobby will vanish if the forum ceases to exist.
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

8. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    What forum?
    QUOTE QUOTE #38