Close

Competition for Gerald Wingrove
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Competition for Gerald Wingrove Competition for Gerald Wingrove Competition for Gerald Wingrove Competition for Gerald Wingrove Competition for Gerald Wingrove
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    Welcome to the group Gerald. I have been a long time fan of yours and always enjoy seeing the projects you have done. I too have a number of your books and they are fine reading as well as being educational. Thank you for what you have done for the world of scale modeling.Ted
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Gerald,

Welcome aboard and glad to see you here! Looking forward to posts by you. I have been really occupied with organizing the Scale Model Concours at the Glenmoor Gathering this weekend; which is why not welcoming you sooner.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Gerald - no insult intended... As I said your work is exemplary.Regarding the leather - cow hide won't work for the reason you noted. However if you use Cabretta hide you will find that the grain is very tight and perfect for the smaller scales. And not only will it give you the true leather texture but it will give the interior that "real leather smell" which really enhances the character of the scale model. Send me an email through this site with your mailing address and I'd be happy to send you some samples in various colors. I think you'll really like the result.The information about the Bugatti drawings being done in 1:15 scale is very cool. I never knew that. I always wondered why you chose 1:15 scale and now it makes sense. Thanks for sharing.Let me know about the leather - I think you'll really like the result Regards. Andy.
    Last edited by Andym; 09-17-11 at 09:52 PM.
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. Mr.Tin's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Martin
    Welcome Gerald,
    I thought you still lived in Lincolnshire. I never was able to take you up on your kind offer of lunch way back as I was working abroad, but I thank you for your help over the 'phone and wish you and yours all the best in Espania.
    Best regards,
    Martin
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. Mr.Tin's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Martin
    Hmm, I looked at the Misko website and he seems to do a good job, but life's too short to plough through overly fancy websites, looking for information!

Mr.Tin
    A man needs a plan...and a shed
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    As usual, it's by accident that I saw this thread. Mr. Wingrove, more exactly his first book, gave me some "how to do", especially for the tires. Even if my method differs somewhat, the basic is the same. I just can say thank you.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. keramh's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Marek
    Hi Gerald,

I'm busy, your second Book translated into German.
    No one was very inspiring for me.
    What project are you working on?

www.scale16.de.vu
    the modelkit databank for the scale 1/16
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by keramh View Post
    Hi Gerald,

I'm busy, your second Book translated into German.
    No one was very inspiring for me.
    What project are you working on?
    I don't know if Gerald continues to follow this site, but here's his current project on his website (23 galleries)

1938 2.9 8C Alfa Romeo Le Mans Coupe.

QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. GLDFNGRS's Avatar Member
    Name
    Marc
    Well I guess he found 1/15 scale cows in Spain. The bonnet straps are in scale leather ...

Marc
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Wingrove! -Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. Thank you folks for all of your generous comments, seems I have been away for some time, if your latest news is my building is of the LeMans Coupe. Yes Marc the hood straps - only grannies where bonnets - are made in leather, when once set, it is forbidden to touch them as they are so fragile. I have no problem in finding fine leather, in fact I still have a couple of full skins of the finest book binding leather, but it is no substitute for my spray gun at 15th scale, with colour and texture for interiors.
    January 2018 will see the final Gallery of the Current P3 project, so for those under the stars and strips, watch out for the following 6 months, with 3 mighty Duesenbergs at
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

12. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    merry christmas! To you and mrs. Wingrove!!!!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

13. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    For once I have the opportunity to say: thanks you Mr. Wingrove! Your books have been an inspiration since many years. We are not dealing with the same type of vehicles, but modeling is modeling!
    Mery Christmas to you and your family.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

14. JohnReid's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    John Reid
    I have been following you since did that wonderful ship diorama.Have you done any ships since ? Cheers? John.
    For Large Pictures see:

https://albatros15.imgur.com/all/
    My 1:16th dioramas are now on permanent display at the Canada Aviaion and Space Museum,in Ottawa,Canada.The apprailals for the museum were done by Shep Paine who valued them at between $15,000 and $25,000 (US) each.
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

15. Thank you for your interest John, you cannot have been by my web site for some time or you would have seen the Falls of Clyde taking shape:
    < http://www.wworkshop.net/Falls_of_Clyde/Menu.html > Two models there, a half model, together with a complete centre section, showing the construction of an iron hull, rivet and plate. Then this month in the 'news & Comments' I feature a new machine that might be of interest to you, to better make those dozens of parts that have to be identical < http://www.wworkshop.net/Home_Page_/..._Comments.html > This for the third model of the Falls of Clyde, being a fully detailed waterline model with complete running rigging and sails furled. In late summer it will become the 'Current Project' when the last of the Duesenbergs drive off - watch this space. Happy modelling - Gerald
    QUOTE QUOTE #30