Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    I've purchase the portfolios for the P3 Alfa Romeos, and the Bugatti Atlantic, I'm tempted to go for the 2300s to compare notes with Mr. Wingrove, but money is always tight for me in the summer.

Should have them later this week.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Well, I have received my portfolios, they are the genuine WinCol. article, and I'm very happy.

The gentleman, has continued to re-post the books he has to offer, and among them is that first volume on the super-charged Mercedes Benz.

Some excellent references.

Also the two volume set on the Alfa Romeo 2300, and the pricey book on the Bugatti Atlantic.

To find them, go to EBAY, and search Gerald Wingrove book.

FYI
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. jrhaddock's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    John
    Guys,
    You may be thinking of me; John Haddock
    I scratch built Gerald wingrove scale drawings and information packs a 1:8 scale 1935 Austin 7 Ruby using a lot of 3D printed parts. The model was highly detailed, including the chassis ... virtually every nut and bolt. Details of the model can be seen at www.jrhscalecars.com or by searching JRH Scale Cars on Google.

I'm very interested in building a Bugatti T57S or SC. So would definitely consider working with someone who has decent drawings.
    Three years ago, I visited the Bugatti Trust (they were very helpful) but buying drawings from them is very expensive as they worry about unauthorized full size replicas. The option is, of course, to try compiling drawings from crumbs on the Internet. That was how the Austin 7 got built.

I'm currently finishing a 1936 Traction Avant (based on the Heller kit, but with scratch built Gerald wingrove scale drawings and information packs 3D printed front end, 4-cyl engine, gearbox, wheels and tires). It should be finished within the next three months and then my Bugatti build could begin in earnest.

Rather than post my email address here, you can find it by going to JRH Scale Cars and then the Contact page.

Glad I stumbled over this thread.

John
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Hi John, I think it was ThierryD86 that got some pictures from Bugatti, but have to promis not to publish them, so talk to him.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19