Close

1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    This is a copy of Kens original posts about the show. Thanks to all that participated.

Here are the results for the 2010 Glenmoor Gathering Invitational Model Show.

Best of Show was awarded to Andy Marks for his Satin Doll.

Best in Class - Pocher Kit - John Kimple 1932 Rolls Royce 2 Door Coupe

Best in Class - Static Display - Fiore DiBernardo - 1939 Maserati and engine

Best in Class - Working Engine - George Britnell - 302 Ford Engine

Best in Class - 100% Scratch Build 2010 Glenmoor Gathering -Report - Kenneth Foran - 1911 Model T Racer

Best in Class - Scale Toy - Edward Reich - Alpha Romeo

Contributor Awards - Rob Steward
    - Daniel Menard
    - Robert Barbero
    These contributed financial support to the success of the show.

More pictures to follow when time allows. The booth was busy all day and a great deal of interest and understanding of model making was generated by those who participated.

Others who were there please comment as well.

Ken

----------------------------------Continued-----------------------------

Here are more photos to give you a flavor of the event. As Andy said, start planning for next year.

Andy's award winning model.

Fiore's 1939 Maserati all aluminum body and cast aluminum components.

George's award winning 302 Ford working engine. This was a crowd pleaser when he started it up. People would walk away mumbling to themselves.

Just one example of the Make and Take model building experience for the kids to enjoy.

Here is a shot of Fiore's Maserati engine built of cast aluminum components. He also had the patterns and molds to show and explain the build process.

Here is John Kimple with wife and 3 of the Pocher kits he displayed. Andy's is on the left.

Just one of the artists that exhibited there was Tom Hale; the art show opening was Saturday evening prior to the cocktail hour Gala fund raising dinner.

The Scale Motor Cars banner in place for the show prior to set up.

The judges were piped onto the field prior to the awards ceremony for the full scale cars.

I would also like to acknowledge the efforts of Walter Herip for his behind the scenes work in donating his time and skills in making up the awards. Perhaps if we can get sponsors to under write the cost of trophies; we could have them in the future events.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Frank's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Frank
    Wow those models are unbeleveable.

Frank
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. peachtree bill's Avatar Member
    Name
    william
    Looks like I got my Registration completed just in time to "see" the results of this great gathering. It is even more interesting because I am in the process of preparing to begin building a Pocher Rolls Royce Phantom II Drop Head Sedanca Coup. I plan to include a number of changes to the car , including copying the "gold plating" that was done on Pocher's featured Rolls in their Sales Brochure that comes in the Pocher Kits. Other changes will be a front bumper, black fine leather interior with dash and door panels made from scratch exotic wood veneer, and several ideas that continue to be added as I get ready to start this project. I look forward to exchanging ideas with other Scalemotorcars Members. Thanks for listening. Peachtree Bill
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Pastor Bob's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Robert (Bob)
    All that Maserati looks like it needs is a Mauri Rose mini-clone to complete the picture. Unbelievable models all!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    You guys made a huge mark on the auto scene. I agree. The models are absolutely incredible. Congrats to Andy Marks for Best In Show. You deserved it Andy. Satin Doll is sheer first rate.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Thanks HFC. That's very nice of you to say. I didn't think she had it in her seeing how she was completed almost 5 years ago and every piece there was superb. The entire day was a great thrill - something everyone needs to try and attend at least once.

Next year I'm hoping to bring the Alfa.
    When I was young I used to say "[I]When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"
    [/I]
    I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    WoW!!! Great models!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #7