Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Builder Last Online: May 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 3
      Started: 03-18-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Completed

This is my first post on this forum. I had planned to post my Pocher Lamborghini Aventador coupe build as I progressed with it but I guess I got too wrapped up in the build and never posted anything. Upon completing it I put together a compilation of photos I had taken from start to finish and put them all together on the first page.
      For the roadster I am posting pictures as I make progress! Enjoy!

Gary

Aventador complete build with many pics

Build Photos

Aventador complete build with many pics-20140309_173817-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140309_173339-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140311_185425-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140311_193122-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140311_195327-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140312_183903-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140316_142807-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140316_142826-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140329_141905-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140316_193312-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140322_180008-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140322_180249-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140413_114909-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140403_103438-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140409_064549-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140411_062232-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140412_163057-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140412_164526-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140412_164433-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20140330_131603-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150128_171752-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150209_130131-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150209_130358-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150210_192547-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150128_173103-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150126_070128-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150125_203050-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150125_203031-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5204-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5198-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5180-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5170-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150214_131430-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150214_131704-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150214_131235-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-20150214_131530-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5226-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5224-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5223-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5220-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5222-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5216-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-img_5227-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-image-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-image-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-image-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-image-jpg Aventador complete build with many pics-image-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by Twokidsnosleep View Post
    Impressive work
    Thank You!
    And a few more new pics of the progress!
    First going back to the exhaust and prepping it for paint. I started out by thinning the exhaust tips to make them look more realistic and then I cut away the material in between the tips so they look like they are individual tips. Finally I added some 2" wide aluminum foil tape to simulate the heat shield wrap. To get the texture on the foil tape I pressed the foil tape into a fine screen. The tips are also drilled through so the dead ended holes won't end up showing in pictures on the finished model.
    Aventador complete build with many pics-20150602_121912-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-20150602_124250-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-20150605_150737-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-dsc00429-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-20150628_162536-jpg
    From pictures of the real car you can see that the tail lights need to be outlined in black. This time around I decided to use black chrome foil instead of paint like I did on the coupe to get a realistic look.
    Aventador complete build with many pics-20150627_103758-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-dsc00432-jpgAventador complete build with many pics-dsc00437-jpg See Finished Project here!

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...Mars-%28red%29

Last edited by kon_gee; 07-08-15 at 11:06 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Quote Originally Posted by kon_gee View Post
    I am glad I test fit everything because there were a few minor issues. The other good thing with doing a repaint is that I was able to sand Aventador complete build with many pics fit things together and eliminate the paint buildup on the edges of the plastic parts. The factory paint is applied quite heavy and it shows when the model is assembled. As far as the color goes I have selected Rosso Mars and I am building my kit exactly like this real Aventador I found on Ebay! I had the color mixed in acrylic Aventador complete build with many pics enamel Aventador complete build with many pics at a local automotive store from the PPG paint code.
    Good news! I have tested white Krylon primer Aventador complete build with many pics from a spray can on an extra plastic part that I partially sanded through the paint down to the plastic and left the other half untouched. The primer Aventador complete build with many pics covers perfectly over the various surfaces and it is sandable. The Acrylic Aventador complete build with many pics enamel Aventador complete build with many pics covers the primer Aventador complete build with many pics with no issues too so now I am getting ready to prime the whole model!
    Gary

Attachment 27968
    Attachment 27969Attachment 27970Attachment 27971Attachment 27973
    Hi, i am new on this forum. My name is Olivier and i am from Paris FRANCE. Your Aventador is gorgeous, absolutely awesome! Congratulations for your perfect paint job!
    I have an Pocher Aventador and an Huracan, and i would like to repaint the chassis parts. These heavy die-cast parts are very badly painted. Please can you tell me which kind of liquid you used (on the picture ) to remove the paint? Do you think that i can use it for chassis parts to remove the paint too? How much time did you let the parts inside the bath of liquid?

Thank you very much for your reply.
    Best regards.
    Olivier
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Olivier,
    Thank you! I used ZipStrip paint remover only on the die cast parts but I suspect that any good gel / liquid paint stripper would work. Soak time was around 15-30 minutes on the first round. The real trick to stripping the paint out of the details was using my automotive pressure washer. All you need to do is find an area where you don't mind making a good mess. I used an old sheet of plywood and tied my parts down to blast the paint off. It took a couple of rounds of reapplying stripper to get it all off but it was very easy. That said I did not use paint stripper on any of plastic parts!!
    Cheers,
    Looking forward to seeing so pics!
    Gary

QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Hi Gary,
    Thanks a lot for your reply! Sure, i can imagine that this liquid is not suitable for plastics. I will use it for the chassis die-cast parts only, especially for the Pocher Huracan, which chassis parts are very nice, but horribly painted and with a lot of burr. I will remove the paint, sand Aventador complete build with many pics all the burr and marks, primer Aventador complete build with many pics then re-paint all these parts. Even if they are not visible, i want a perfect finish...

Thanks again for these informations! By the way your carbon job is absolutely beautiful. The combination of a red body, a sand Aventador complete build with many pics interior and the carbon parts is incredible, just perfect! You did a great job, really. Unfortunately, i don't have your skill, your airbrush Aventador complete build with many pics material and your space/room to reproduce this kind of project with my white Aventador roadster. Too bad as the white paint job is not great. Repainting as you did make this model much better looking and much more realistic in my opinion... my dream was to repaint the roadster in a glossy pearl Aventador complete build with many pics white finish. The semi gloss standard color is not natural/realistic at all and there is few scratches here and there. The paint is also too thick (and probably not primmed at all), especially at the edges of metal parts... maybe one day, i will have the chance to make this dream to become real...

In the past, i always thought that red color is a Ferrari color, not for lamborghinies. Since i have seen yours, my opinion has totally changed!
    Your Aventador is, by far, the most beautiful that i have seen in all the Pocher builds. Keep it always whith you!

Best regards.
    Olivier
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Olivier,
    Thank you for your kind words! I like to build models stock (the way one could order a real car) as I feel they look more realistic this way. I certainly cannot take credit for the color combination as I copied photos of a real example but I do agree that this combination in stunning on the Aventador. I have seen quite a few Aventador's in person at auto shows and they are all amazing to look at in person but I have yet to see a real example in Rosso Mars.
    I also have a Huracan Kit ready to start after moving into our new home. This kit will probably be stored for a year or more so I have plenty of time to plan the build. I may do a conversion to a spyder as I fell in love with this example in Boston a few months ago!

Looking forward to seeing your build photos!
    Cheers,
    Gary

Aventador complete build with many pics-dsc01128-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Gary,
    Oh yes i do agree, the Huracan roadster is very nice! But how will you proceed to change your coupé to a roadster? Will you use the italian transkit?
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Olivier,
    I was unaware of the Huracan roadster transmit. I will check into that as my plan was to make the conversion myself.
    Gary

QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Gary,
    I can see on your brake disc pictures, that you used stickers or something to reproduce all the inscriptions seen on the real discs. Please can you tell me how you did that? Is there a sticker sheet to buy somewhere?
    Last edited by Midomax; 05-18-17 at 09:27 AM. Reason: type error
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Olivier,
    This was done simply with dabs of paint using a sharpened toothpick.
    Gary

QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Ok thanks for the information!
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Midomax View Post
    I have an Pocher Aventador and an Huracan, and i would like to repaint the chassis parts. These heavy die-cast parts are very badly painted. Please can you tell me which kind of liquid you used (on the picture ) to remove the paint? Do you think that i can use it for chassis parts to remove the paint too?
    Olivier, maybe you know that regular brake fluid is a good paint remover. Of course, not the DOT5 wich is silicone based and do no harm on painted surfaces.
    However, I would not use brake fluid on plastic parts because I don't know if plastic is absorbing that liquid. A try on a scrap part could be useful.
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Hi Roger,
    Thanks a lot for your help. So you mean that a standard brake fluid can make the job but not the DOT5? Too bad as i have a good stock of DOT5 for my motorbike...
    The process is the same that with a paint stripper? I mean will it take the same time and being as easy that paint remover?
    Last edited by Midomax; 05-21-17 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Language mistake
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    I never tried myself on a scale model, but I know how harmful a DOT3, or DOT4 brake fluid can do at a car's paint job.
    One of the advantages of the DOT5 is that you can spill it on your car or motorcycle and nothing will happen to the paint. I have also DOT5 in my old cars.
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. Midomax's Avatar Member
    Name
    Olivier
    Thanks for your help! Both of you Roger and Gary!
    I will make a teste next week end.
    QUOTE QUOTE #45