Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 3
      Started: 02-05-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I'm compiling a list of instruction manual updates and problem areas so I can email a complete list to my customers [edit: and of course it will be a handy reference here]. Please chime in with things you feel need clarification, or updates you have noticed in the online manual vs. the paper one supplied in the kit. Over the next few days I will be going over the paper manual side-by-side with the PDF and adding to this list.

One item I've had to explain several times is step 20 on page 21 of the paper manual (page 24 of the pdf version): a symbol has been added in the PDF version to clarify the fact that only one part# K011-14 is needed, but is mounted differently depending on your build being left or right hand drive.

Pocher Aventador instructions update thread
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Thanks for the info Pete.

Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. I am hoping to finally start my first Aventador kit today. Can anyone tell me the size of a JIS Phillips screwdriver that will fit most if not all of the screws. I'm thinking #0, but will report back what I find.

I will also be offering an inexpensive bundle of a M2.6-.45 tap and JIS screwdriver for anyone building this kit, likely $15. plus shipping (discounted further if you purchased the kit from me). The tap is intended to be used in a pin-vise, which I'm assuming most of you will have. An actual tap handle would add considerably to the bundle and packing/shipping cost, so I'm avoiding that option.

Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Brady...Can I get your tap and screw bundle?
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. hefrancis1's Avatar Update Profile Please
    Name
    Henry
    The best screwdriver for most of the screws in the kit is Wiha screwdriver 261/ PH1 x 60
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. Quote Originally Posted by hefrancis1 View Post
    The best screwdriver for most of the screws in the kit is Wiha screwdriver 261/ PH1 x 60
    Hi Henry,

I love Wiha tools, but I'm told a JIS Phillips is a better fit and Wiha does not make JIS tools. Good to know #1 is the size, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Brady...Can I get your tap and screw bundle?
    Of course, I'll post them in the Newsletter when they're in stock.

Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. There is a wonderfully illustrated Pocher Aventador "Errors and Omissions" thread here in the UK.

Thanks to CitroenTA for the initial link.

Last edited by SVtrackhead; 02-11-14 at 11:04 AM.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. raphter's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Tim
    Would you advise what tap size you used for Screw "A"?
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. Quote Originally Posted by raphter View Post
    Would you advise what tap size you used for Screw "A"?
    [[U][B]EDIT![/B][/U]] 3mm x .5 is the "proper" size, but I've been advised that the 2.6mm-.45 tap that is used for so many of the other 2.6mm screws also works well for the "A" screws.

Last edited by SVtrackhead; 02-19-14 at 09:19 AM.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. raphter's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Tim
    Thanks!
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. Re: mounting the doors: the body end of the hinge must be turned 180 degrees (pre-loading the spring, hold tight!) before mounting to the body, and these holes in the body should be tapped (2.6mm - .45).

Magnetic JIS #0 screwdrivers are arriving today (if UPS doesn't get buried in snow), and 2.6-.45 taps in a week. I'll post up here when they're available, will offer as a package.

Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. ironman's Avatar Member
    Name
    richard
    Great Brady... It will be available on your site too... For the snow thatès mean that we will have it tomorrow...
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. clobbo's Avatar Member
    Name
    Tony
    I have a set of Tamiya Pocher Aventador instructions update thread screwdrivers I generally use for my RC kits, they're JIS standard and should work for this kit too.

Brady, thanks for linking that UK site with the errors and omissions. For a noob modeller in me I have followed the kit instructions blindly.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Quote Originally Posted by SVtrackhead View Post
    Magnetic JIS #0 screwdrivers are arriving today (if UPS doesn't get buried in snow), and 2.6-.45 taps in a week. I'll post up here when they're available, will offer as a package.
    The screwdrivers arrived, and are going back to their maker. I based the size I ordered on a Wiha DIN Phillips #0 which fit all screws well especially the large "A" size, and the JIS was noticably smaller, especially the tip. The quality of the handle was poor as well, the swivel head was barely functional, especially disappointing because this was their only style with a magnetic head. I'll be ordering a few more individually until I find one I'm happy with, will update at that time.

At this point I recommend a Wiha [edit][B]#1[/B][/edit] Phillips screwdriver, especially since a close look at the "A" screw reveals it is actually a DIN Phillips head.

Last edited by SVtrackhead; 03-08-14 at 06:56 PM.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Brady....will you be providing everything...one will need for this kit...in your tool set?..To be honest...I don't have anything yet...and I'm a bit lost with all the different types.
    QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Brady....will you be providing everything...one will need for this kit...in your tool set?..To be honest...I don't have anything yet...and I'm a bit lost with all the different types.
    I'll enclose a free 2.6mm tap in the tool set for anyone who has bought a kit. The rest of the tools in the set should work well already, I may decide against even offering a JIS screwdriver. The tap at least will be available separately for anyone who has ordered a kit.

Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #31