Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Dec 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 6
      Started: 12-30-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

My Isis White Aventador arrived today!
      I find this part of any project the most fun, getting the pictures together, ordering the materials etc and planning the spec.

[B]Specification will be as follows:[/B]
      [B]Exterior:[/B]
      Isis White paint.
      Silver wheels! [I](Controversial I know as itís down speccing the car but I like to see the wheels and think it suits the white)[/I]
      Yellow Spring Kit PR code: 2MQ [I](I like this, an option at ordering. Seeing yellow springs through the rear window looks cool!)[/I]
      Yellow callipers PR Code: PC3

[B]Interior:[/B]
      Nero Ade leather with contrasting Giallo Taurus Yellow stitching Bicolour Sportivo (PR code: OUH)
      [I]Iím hoping flooding the dips in the Pocher seats with flat white, then yellow, then wiping the excess off will give the right effect.[/I]
      Steering wheel with Suede leather and yellow stitching (PR Code: 1ML)
      Carbon interior kit

Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-2012_lamborghini_aventador_2dr_cpe_96635307113835727-jpg

Exterior mods are based on a company called Capristo who do most of the exterior trim in carbon fibre. It has a matt finish which will stop the model looking too gaudy!
      I shall do all the kits black trim with the Capristo parts. They do the wing and air intakes in carbon but I prefer them in white.

Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's

Build Photos

Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-dsc_0393-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-1182l-aventador-giallo-orion-nero-ade-medium-008-820x544-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-aventador_lp700_roadster_80-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-scale-1-10_32-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-cockpit-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-aventador-interior-carbon-trim-kit-1-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-aventador-interior-carbon-trim-kit-3-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-2012-capristo-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-4-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_1-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_8-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_16-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_17-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_18-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_26-jpg  Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-lamborghini-aventador-carbon-fiber-capristo-photo-gallery-medium_29-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    TBH I'm going to leave well alone with this part.
    I've seen numerous attempts at replicating crackle finish in mini-scale and it nearly always look a bit poor.
    Either it looks like concrete or as if the part has carpet all over it.
    Please though, if anyone is going to do it, prove me wrong and maybe I'll re-think.

Roy.
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    will be aifbrushing with black coat.
    Leave the glue and sand Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's and only use your airbrush Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's : double the normal distance and the paint dries in the air and becomes a sand Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's like layer. For the right distances and pressure please experiment.
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton

I gave the grey part a thick layer of paint, let it dry for about 8/9 minutes and than pushed gently a brush in the thickened paint than you get a crackled finish too
    Regards

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Crackle finish?.....Do you mean casted finish? Like when a part is made using a sand Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's mold and molten metal is poured in...leaving the texture of the sand Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's on the casted part? In this scale....that texture should be very fine..It might be better to use a powder cleanser or toothpaste and brush. and rough the surface of the air box to get a scale texture and then wash off and paint.
    Last edited by superfly; 01-13-14 at 05:23 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiddy View Post
    To get the crackle finish on the engine cover I opted for Plasti-kote Stone. Takes ages to dry so don't be tempted to touch it!Attachment 25253
    Cant't wait to see what it looks like when painted black.
    Cheers,
    ...........Lutz.
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. Cobra 56's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Arne
    Originally Posted by [B]Guiddy[/B]
    To get the crackle finish on the engine cover I opted for Plasti-kote Stone. Takes ages to dry so don't be tempted to touch it!Attachment 25253

I got exactly the same idear, and it was a fiasco. It covered all the fine details on the [B]INTAKE MANIFOLD[/B], and [B]CYLINDER HEAD[/B] cover. The surface becomes muth to rough, and after drying you must seal the sprayed surface with clear varnish. First then you can spray it over, with black paint. Luckily it is water based, and i had the luck to remove it again, before it was finally dry, and i saved my cylinder heads and engine cover.
    Therefore try it on your own risk.
    Last edited by Cobra 56; 01-17-14 at 05:23 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. tommaso_iuele's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    tommaso
    Quote Originally Posted by roymattblack View Post
    TBH I'm going to leave well alone with this part.
    I've seen numerous attempts at replicating crackle finish in mini-scale and it nearly always look a bit poor.
    Either it looks like concrete or as if the part has carpet all over it.
    Please though, if anyone is going to do it, prove me wrong and maybe I'll re-think.

Roy.
    Hi, here is what I did, photo is not great, but it is close 90% to originalPocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-20140114_085230-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by tommaso_iuele View Post
    Hi, here is what I did, photo is not great, but it is close 90% to original.

Tommaso.

Why did you post a photo of a real 1:1 Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's Testarossa power plant ? We would like to see how you did it in 1:8 scale...!!!
    Last edited by Blacklion213; 01-14-14 at 02:24 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    I gave the grey part a thick layer of paint, let it dry for about 8/9 minutes and than pushed gently a brush in the thickened paint than you get a crackled finish too
    That looks very convincing!
    Last edited by Blacklion213; 01-14-14 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. tommaso_iuele's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    tommaso
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion213 View Post
    Tommaso.

Why did you post a photo of a real 1:1 Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's Testarossa power plant ? We would like to see how you did it in 1:8 scale...!!!
    sorry thats a scale 1/8 pocher, check my website
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by tommaso_iuele View Post
    sorry thats a scale 1/8 pocher, check my website
    I know, Tommaso, I know. I was just teasing you!
    Cheers,
    ...........Lutz.
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. tommaso_iuele's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    tommaso
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion213 View Post
    I know, Tommaso, I know. I was just teasing you!

o sorry.... Italy is just draining my brains... Anybody thinking about moving here? Think twice... actually dont think about it, living here is exactully like living the stoneage...... Its just good to visit. Anyway sorry again, but thanks for the tease.
    All the best.
    T.
    P.s. parts are getting close... drawings and details catching up :))
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Yes Tommaso...can't wait to see
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. CitroenTA's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Jouko
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Yes Tommaso...can't wait to see
    Me too...
    QUOTE QUOTE #45

15. Guiddy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Daniel
    Decided to add more detail to the fuel rails. A bit of research and I elected for green injectors and the fuel pressure regulator should be chrome silver. Yeah, the fuel rail maybe should be black but I elected for a bit of colour.
    Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's-imag1012-jpg

Pocher Aventador WIP Guiddy's
    QUOTE QUOTE #46