Close

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 5
      Started: 01-30-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

It's been announced on the Hornby-Pocher website, and there's an awesom video on Youtube:

Roy.

POCHER - It's a Lamborghini Aventador!!! (General)
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Alex70's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Alessandro
    I remain convinced that the price is high, we do not consider that the F40 has high prices because it has been sold out and rare , when the pokers distributing it to equal its range, the cost could take a classic. But I hope at least they worth. Hello.

Alex.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. SVtrackhead's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    I had hoped for $500-$600. It has to make business sense for Hornby in any case, and I don't think the older kits ever really did for Pocher.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Alex70's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Alessandro
    Ah I thought 600 euros, $ 600 is already more approachable, and the proportion with the Testarossa or F40 believe me at that time did not cost so proportional. However, beginning to fill the piggy bank and wait to read the reviews of the first lucky ones who will be able to build it. Ciao.

Alex.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. SVtrackhead's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    I [U]hoped[/U] US $500-600. In reality it will indeed be 600 [U]Euros[/U] or more.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Took me some thought. I don't really like these blown-up Audis. Lamborghinis and Ferraris are some kind "too loud" for me. I'd love to have a Pocher of the classic series again, but this Aventador looks right. Ordered one in white already and will be awaiting it. We 1/8 th scale guys have to get what's offered, or doing the cars on our own.
    Cheers
    Michael
    Last edited by 3.Star; 02-05-13 at 12:43 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. rshousha's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rick
    Fellows,

I have put in a request to sell these, like I sold hundreds of kits for the old Pocher company. If they are interested, I should have some soon enough. I have a little war chest ready to buy a couple of hundred kits. I'll let you know as soon as I get some.

Regards,

Rick Shousha POCHER - It's a Lamborghini Aventador!!! (General)
    Montreal
    Rick Shousha
    Modeller's Workshop
    Montreal, Canada
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Good point Micheal, this new Lambo is the only new "mass-produced" 1/8 scale kit available to even dream about building so if you are interested you might as well get one or two before the profit seekers have all that are left and the price goes crazy. What does 600 Euro's convert to...$850 or so? I say if you want one and you have the coin get in on the early orders! They'll only go up from here!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. rshousha's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rick
    Speaking of profit-seekers, I wish I had hung on to some of the early Bugatti kits I had. In 2002, I was buying them for $250 from Pocher and selling them anywhere from $325 for the 50T to $375 for the Suprofile. From a business perspective, the mark-up was right. Little did I know the company would crash! I think I was selling the Muletto for $295.

On the other hand, a business is a business and I will continue to run my company with the expectation that my suppliers remain in business. So, once the price is set by the company, it will be interesting to see what happens on eBay with "collector" prices.

Regards,
    Rick
    Rick Shousha
    Modeller's Workshop
    Montreal, Canada
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Nothing against profit seekers Rick, we all have to eat!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. rshousha's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rick
    Indeed. Still, I was brought up in a manufacturing context and the important thing for me has always been to design a cool product, make it well, get a decent price, and then cut costs and ramp up production. I'm really not good at things like limited-production items, collector items, or antiques. If I were building the Aventador, I'd start with a basic kit and introduce after-market kits and modifications as the demand increased and the quality improved.

Actually, I would have started with a 1929 V-16 Caddillac....but that's a whole other story.
    Rick Shousha
    Modeller's Workshop
    Montreal, Canada
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I like the Caddy but would have gone with a Pierce Arrow first, LOL.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Will stick a note saying "project 2043" over the price tag to prevent any discussion at home, before I put it on the shelf near my Pocher Benzes.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. rshousha's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rick
    The car we rented at our wedding was a 1933 Pierce Arrow. Awesome car. My wife was petrified.
    Rick Shousha
    Modeller's Workshop
    Montreal, Canada
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. Alex70's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Alessandro
    Excuse me, but if I understand those who want the Lamborghini must buy it now because then the price will be high? because it is not sold in hobby shops, and who has the exclusive right to sell? Ciao.

Alex.
    QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. rshousha's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rick
    Alex,

It's all speculation. I am still waiting for a call from Pocher; no prices have been announced; no production levels have been announced; and no suppliers have been chosen. We all love to talk and get ourselves excited.

Regards,

Rick
    Rick Shousha
    Modeller's Workshop
    Montreal, Canada
    QUOTE QUOTE #31