Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2022 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-17-22 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Attribution Completed

Hi,

This is the Eaglemoss 1/8 scale Delorean. The original kit is very toylike with many Phillips-screws visible. It was a fun project but took about a year to complete.

I hope you like it.

All the best from Germany,

Bodo

Eaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean1-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean2-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean4-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean5-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean7-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean9-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean10-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean11-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean12-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean13-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean14-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean15-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean16-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean17-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean19-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean18-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean20-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean21-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean22-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean23-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean24-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean25-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean26-jpgEaglemoss Delorean BTTF 1/8-delorean27-jpg
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Nice!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    A lovely model and superbly subtly detailed.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Great build. I have to say, that movie series did more for the aura of the Delorean than anything else because it was such a mediocre performer and so shoddily built from what I understand. Were it not for that backbone frame being so narrow in the rear, I could see some folks dropping Turbo Porsche or Subaru engines in these and making them more desirable as restomods. Maybe someone will put a Tesla motor in one and have some fun with it. They still command a rather high asking price for a used one, but I think the popularity generated by the movie is responsible for that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Bugatti Fan's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Noel
    I think you are right. If 'Back to the Future' never happened the De Lorien would have faded into obscurity and no model kits would have ever been issued except perhaps by one or two cottage industries. Actually it would be nice if someone were to make a kit of the factory standard road going car. To convert the 1/24th scale BTTF kits back to standard is nigh on impossible or extremely difficult.
    It was a doomed venture, losing money fast and the Thatcher government at the time refused any bail outs.
    As for John De Lorien himself. well that is another story!
    Last edited by Bugatti Fan; 01-27-22 at 03:05 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5