Close

Builder Last Online: Aug 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-11-17 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Build in Progress

Greetings Scale Modelers,

I just joined the forum to get provide you with yet another Pocher Aventador build. I bought my son one for Christmas and he and I will be building it with a goal of completing it in 3 months reality adjusted to 6-8 months. That will allow for pre-painting the parts and some mods. Based on other posts we are not going to go to crazy and paint every little piece or replace all molded bolts with transkit parts (I have 3 Pocher Ferraris for that).

I love carbon fiber. The amount of carbon Fibre in my life is limited by cost and what my wife will allow. EG carbon fiber lip spoiler for my car is fine...Carbon fiber bed is out of the question. Anyway this leads me to my first question. Where can we get the appropriate carbon fiber decals for this car? Places that carry and 1:8-1:12 decals are either out of them all the time or they look like they were printed in 1980s.

I scaled and printed 2x2 carbon fiber on my laser jet to use as patterns. I actually clean coated one of the patterns and it looked pretty good. That said I would rather have decals made by someone that knows what they are doing.

I hit my limit on pre-reg views but I will be reading the rest of the Aventador build posts this weekend. I will also post pictures as soon as I figure out why they won't upload from my phone.

thanks

Yev

PS Yev Kassem is not my real name. My name is Pete...But; For the grand prize who can ID the real Yev Kassem? Think soup...
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. kon_gee's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    Pete,
    Enjoy building your Aventador! I added some carbon fiber details to the interior & exterior of my build using Carbon twill weave decal New to forum and the start of something news sheets from Scalemotorsport! They worked great and they look very realistic.
    I have included a link to page 2 of my build with photos of the carbon fiber parts and a link to scalemotorsport.
    Hope this info helps!
    Gary

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...ld-pics-2.html

http://www.scalemotorsport.com/decal...er-decals.html

Last edited by kon_gee; 02-14-17 at 10:58 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Yev Kassem's Avatar Member
    Name
    Pete
    Thanks Gary...I have been looking at your build and all the others they are great. I definitely want to do the DRLs and maybe the low beam lights.

For or some reason I cannot post photos to this stire from my iPhone so I put them on Dropbox. I hope that's OK.

A few more questions for the PochAdor builders or anyone that wants to chime in.

The below link is to the intake and parts of the cooling system (sheet K031)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmbbvqjlaz...IMG-8.jpg?dl=0

- I played around with trying to do carbon fiber decals on the intake without much success. The pipes have pretty tricky bends in them and I don't know how much I can heat/stretch the decals. I just got micro set from Amazon. Do I need micro sol as well?

- what's the best way to remove a little bit of acrylic New to forum and the start of something news paint from the side of the rubber seats? Besides the obvious... not getting it on there to begin with. I got micro mask too.

- I wany to print my own carbon fiber stickers to practice with. What's the best decal New to forum and the start of something news paper for laser printers? I've heard some can stick to the fuser and I wouldn't want that.

I have been painting all the parts, made new floor mats, and carpet for the interior.
    I want to start putting together the interior this weekend but all those tiny decals have me nervous.

Thanks

pete

New to forum and the start of something news
    QUOTE QUOTE #3