Close

Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars.
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars. Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars. Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars. Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars. Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars.
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Feb 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-14-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    I was just getting re-acquainted with a photographer's work that I had made a note of, from a few years back.

Michael Paul-Smith !

Everyone on this forum should take a look! (and, maybe buy his book!)

I'll post his web-site(s) when I can find that little slip of paper that just now fell behind my desk!

-Don

www.visitelginpark.com
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 04-09-19 at 07:20 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    His forced perspective photos and the models in them are pretty amazing, especially because he's dealing with 1/24 scale vehicles I believe.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hi Larry!

I think he chooses that scale because of the variety that it offers, especially in the type you might see around an American town, and it also means that a diorama base is not too large.

Two weeks ago I had a day and a half-ish, to do a very basic painting of a courtroom model of a strip of road. It was in 1/18th scale. Now, it was a long model on purpose, but you can imagine how hard it might be to stage a parking lot scene or an intersection in 1/12th, or 25% larger in 1/8th!! And how many of us have that many finished models?

Interesting that I've never seen any of the "Masters" stage a scene with multiple models? -A team of racecars, or recreating a fictional "motorama"?

-Don

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 02-04-18 at 12:43 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Cool looking set. I think the reason you don't see the master do scenes with multiple cars such as a race team is they feel so "done" with their custom or scratch builds they need a break! I was never a very detailed modeler - at least on the level of what appears on this site, and I left it behind long ago. Then got back into trying to make bodies for my RC car and here I am - took three years to get my Vette anywhere near finished (still more detail to add) , and just passed three with the Jag, and neither of them is a scratch build Movie Sets in Miniature,Classic Cars. !
    QUOTE QUOTE #5