Close

scale garge 1/10 1/8
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

scale garge 1/10 1/8 scale garge 1/10 1/8 scale garge 1/10 1/8 scale garge 1/10 1/8 scale garge 1/10 1/8
Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-20-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

hey guys
      here a scale gararge ive been working on
      ive been wanting to build something like for awhile, so i figure i give it shot .
      ive started by buying a peice 1/4 inch styrene scale garge 1/10 1/8 , this way i can bolt stuff to the floor.
      right now im waiting the floor covering and the wall covering to come in, in the mean while
      i started to build a working truck lift. fr the main post ive used 1 inch square stock with 2 actuators in them .
      ive purchased a snap on toll box , which is really kool and highly detailed, also fun a reall kool engine hoist.
      ive fun some other stuff too. i believe everybody will like what ive in mine . the truck lift is going to really kool when done
      so lets get started

all the legs spread out and extend and the feet can be adjusted in height . she works great. time for detailing it and a ramp

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. the wall is brick but the white floor is causing a glare where you cant see it in the picture,,,, the floor im waitng to come in, this week . this should knock out the glare.

i painted the engine hoist and man did it come sweeeeet!

floor is in , time to start painting the lift

i started on a tire / shelf rack. it plastic on the out but alum square stock on the insides

tire rack and shelf is done, ive made the legs adjustable too

QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    This is too cool!
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Joe, this is great stuff mate. I love it. And I like the Hilux's. I have a real one I drive every day.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Quote Originally Posted by strevo View Post
    This is too cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    Joe, this is great stuff mate. I love it. And I like the Hilux's. I have a real one I drive every day.
    thanks guy, hopefully this week it warms alittle so i can paint the truck lift. still some more stuff to add.

here pictures of the 2 trucks

QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. i was able to paint the bottom parts of the lift, still not sure where to mount the lit in the shop yet
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. so looking at the garage i wanted to do more then what room i have , so what i did was made a second floor, same wdith,but i will no backer .so i will use this part and slide in front of the other, so this way i can have 2 different views
    had to order more flooring
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. i worked on a contol panel and oil tank for the truck lift, heares what i have so far
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. added some paint and airhose with impact gun

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Have you seen my coffee table display? Im planning to add 2 walls, finished inside and out.( when i get a breather from work).What did you use for the brick work? I thought about using wood planks but the brick is cool....Did you scratch the pump assy on the tank or was it something you purchased...Amazing dio dude..I assume the lift actually operates...Cool stuff man...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. the brick work is wall paper , the floor is contact paper, the pump i had a bunch of parts laying in a junk box. yeap the lift really works .
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    This is coming along very nicely Joe. I really like how everything works.

Some of the guys here in my local model club use plasterboard for brick walls. They remove the paper from one side and carve the brick pattern into it and then paint it. Plasterboard off-cuts can be salvaged from building site waste bins. These bins can provide [B]LOTS[/B] of useful stuff for modelling.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    This is coming along very nicely Joe. I really like how everything works.

Some of the guys here in my local model club use plasterboard for brick walls. They remove the paper from one side and carve the brick pattern into it and then paint it. Plasterboard off-cuts can be salvaged from building site waste bins. These bins can provide [B]LOTS[/B] of useful stuff for modelling.
    hey dave

thanks for the tips and the comments. wasnt sure at 1st how to make the wall
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. just in case there is a spill, i drilled 2 holes and put a drain grate . also the floor came in and i ran out to finish it

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. i started on an engine stand, everything will work on it. 1st i started on the base , made for styrene scale garge 1/10 1/8 square stock. then i cut some solid alum rod and inserted in the framing

next i drill holes for 4 caster wheels . i made these from brackets i had laying around. and for the wheels i will use bearings off an r/c truck

QUOTE QUOTE #15