Close

Farmall Relic
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself Ė all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Farmall Relic Farmall Relic Farmall Relic Farmall Relic Farmall Relic
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: Farmall Relic

Builder Last Online: Jun 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-01-13 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

That's another Franklin Mint diecast ruined.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Very nice it only needs some chickens around it, or perhaps a cat, miavvv.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    very nice indeed!
    Regards

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Honestly, my first thought was, "Who and why were these pics of a rusted out old piece of crap posted on this forum?" Then it dawned on me...Fantastic build!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Jon, you're up to your old tricks again I see . Beautiful work as always mate, well done . Ruined? Maybe, but ruined with style. You keep wrecking them and I'll keep enjoying them. Did you use a paper crimper to do the corrigated iron?

(P.S. I got my 1st 1/6 figure a couple days ago to go with the Ultra Classic. A Pichen seamless with a little red bikini)
    Last edited by Dr Dave; 03-06-13 at 07:26 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. camwader's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jon
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Dave, the corrugated iron sheets are genuine rusty steel, made from food tins. I just cut open used tins, flattened them and cut them to an appropriate size. Flattening the curved sheets is a bit difficult by hand - itís very easy to fold or crease them, but fortunately I have the ideal tool for the job. Years ago I inherited a Ďboiler rollerí for making HO/OO scale brass loco boilers. I never really expected to use it, but kept it anyway. So far Iíve only used it for rolling up aluminium sections for a scale RC helicopter tail boom, but it is ideal for de-curving food cans.

Once Iíd got the sheets, I abraded the surface protection with emery cloth, dipped them in salty water and chucked them out in the back garden for a few weeks. Some have been dry brushed with matt green, just to give a bit of variation. They need to be handled with care - the edges and corners are very sharp.

Other bits in the dio - the rusty bath, bucket and watering can are 1/12 dollís house accessories found, as is, on Ebay - the socket set is from a Tamiya Farmall Relic pit crew set thatís been in my spares box for forty years.

Good job on acquiring a Phicen, I've got a couple on my Ebay watch list and just know that temptation will win out in the end.

Regards, Jon
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Jon, check your messages, I've sent you one.
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. D-Stroke's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rick
    Looks real to me bro. love the engine with the tools on it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8