Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Feb 2020 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-28-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Gíday guys. Itís been quite a while since I was last on here as Iíve been working 16 hours a day for a long time, and now at last Iíve got a week off work.

All Iíve managed to do since that black Harley back in June is this figure. Itís not much, and Iím not sure if it should be in here at all, but it is modelling.

Itís a 1/12 scale resin 1/12 scale Biker chick. figure (from ebay) that I was going to put on my Mike Hailwood Replica rebuild (08-28-10), but her bum is not the right shape to fit the seat properly and I couldnít be bothered reshaping it. Sheís supposed to go on a sport bike so I put her on a diecast Ducati 1000DS Desmodue.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Looks like the perfect girl for me. Resin 1/12 scale Biker chick. , Latex and Silicone....she can be remoulded bead-to-bead, when worn out.
    (just talking about 1/12). Is this vendor doing bigger scales, too?

Cheers
    Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    She is just too sexy ...Great addition to the bike...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Michael J, I think this is the only figure the vendor has. I've had her in a plastic bag on the shelf for about 2 years and it just re-appeared on ebay a few months ago.

I’ve only done three 1/35 scale figures before (2 on bikes and 1 sitting next to a bike and sidecar here in the diorama section) so this one was quite a challenge as she required a lot more detail work. I didn’t expect to enjoy the painting process so much and wouldn’t mind doing another figure now.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Dr. Dave....if you're having fun and it's large scale, NEVER hesitate to post your photos here at SMC regardless of time lapses, etc.
    You folks are the reason for this forum......if not for the eye candy you guys post, there would be no forum!
    Does that work for you?
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Thankyou Don, yes that certainly works for me. This is the only model site I visit now and I love it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Iíve only done three 1/35 scale figures before (2 on bikes and 1 sitting next to a bike and sidecar here in the diorama section) so this one was quite a challenge as she required a lot more detail work. I didnít expect to enjoy the painting process so much and wouldnít mind doing another figure now.

She is very basic, consisting of only 5 pieces- the head, body and legs are 1 piece, the 2 arms, and the 2 high heels which have to be attached to the boots (helmet is included with figure), so the work is in the painting, not the building. I found that I couldnít attach the right arm till later as the hand would be in the way of painting the hair.

QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Castings arenít too bad so not much clean up was needed, just a few small bubbles to fill. They show up better after primer 1/12 scale Biker chick. is applied. I decided to paint the hair and skin tones first and intended to use an air brush, but somehow managed to do it all with brushes instead. Actually, I think it was easier that way.

Having never done this kind of painting before I thought it best to do a lot of experimenting first. I used a combination of acrylics 1/12 scale Biker chick. , enamels and oils which seemed to work quite well, and I was amazed at the result .

First, I did the hair, starting with yellow and a few streaks of tan so it would show through the lighter top coat. Then a couple of base coats of acrylic 1/12 scale Biker chick. skin colour with oils very lightly brushed and blended for highlights and shading. Next was the finer stuff, lips, cheeks, eye lashes, eye shadow and eye brows. Just before I started this step some junk mail was put in my mail box which included a catalogue from a ladies underwear store. It was like someone had given me the perfect colour guide to follow .
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    When I got the hair and skin looking satisfactory I used Maskol to mask up that area so I could air brush the red suit. I gave it 4 coats of gloss red enamel 1/12 scale Biker chick. but no clear coat 1/12 scale Biker chick. so it didnít go too glossy. When it came to removing the Maskol I was a bit concerned that it might lift some of the various paints. No worries, it all came off without a hitch.

QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    The finger nails were almost non-existent on the castings so I made a set of nails from the foil seal of a coffee tin. It was a bit of a challenge to get 5 pairs so small with the correct shape and curve, and yes they are painted with real nail polish. The wrinkles of the knuckles don't show up in the photos but they are there.

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Alright Dave, now you're screwing with my head....scale finger nails?
    S'pose you're gonna glue the eyelash hairs in one at a time, right?
    Seriously man, fantastic work.....can't wait for your next installment, thanks for sharing with us.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. This pic is kinda freaky

Any tips for skin tones? I know skin tone is never truly uniform, but it's one of the things I've never been able to get right.
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Thanks Don, glad you like my little girl.
    Eyelash hairs? The thought did cross my mind but I saved them for a different project later. Thought about the blond hair also but I haven't done a hair dressing course to know how to make it sit right.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Stu, yeah I know, itís like something from a sci-fi movie. Iíve been thinking about a truck jack-knife diorama for quite a while and this effect could add maybe too much realism. Still thinking about it.

Iíve never done this kind of painting before so I dived in blindly and used my imagination. Other figure modellers have very different ways of doing skin tones. If I do another one Iíll be doing it this way again, and I didnít think junk mail could be so helpful.

I found that the oil paints didnít affect the acrylic 1/12 scale Biker chick. at all (I think oils could affect enamel 1/12 scale Biker chick. ) and if I put too much on I could just wipe it off and try again. Using a very small soft brush I put a tiny bit of paint in the middle of the area to be lightened or darkened, wiped any excess paint from the brush, and gently dragged the smallest amount of paint out to a feathered edge. If thereís too much paint coming out, wipe the brush again and drag the paint back in. Experimenting and practicing first on some scrap to get the feel of how it works certainly helps. Mixing and blending a few colours can change the finished tones also. I had heaps of fun discovering all this new stuff. Hope this helps in some way.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15