Close

Old Gas Pump
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 295.00 USD (57%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself Ė all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Old Gas Pump Old Gas Pump Old Gas Pump Old Gas Pump Old Gas Pump
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: Old Gas Pump

Builder Last Online: Jun 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-11-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I bought this some years ago at a gift shop in Cambridge to use as background clutter in my 1/6[SUP]th[/SUP] garage diorama. Itís probably about 1/8[SUP]th[/SUP] scale, and was OK out of focus in the background where the non-scale radio bits and super shiny green plastic werenít too obvious. It was relegated from the garage a while back as the garage was getting too crowded and has sat on a bookshelf gathering dust since. Iíve been experimenting recently with ideas for a Ďlivingí diorama involving 1/12[SUP]th[/SUP] diecast tractors and alpine plants, and the idea occurred to me of a derelict gas pump with plants growing through it. So I stripped the guts out, filled a few control holes and gave it some weathering Old Gas Pump treatment. It was, for me, a super fast project taking just a week from start to finish. I'll probably use it as a photo backdrop item for a while before planting it. It was an ideal subject to practice weathering Old Gas Pump on, and produced a result that Iím quite pleased with.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Hello Jon,

nice accessoire with a beautiful weathering Old Gas Pump job you've got there. Do you mind to share the dimensions of the gas pump?
    I am thinking for a long time to use one like this as a backdrop for a small diorama (or even pictures, that I will never take), bidded for related items in the bay, but wasn't too lucky. Won't be too hard to build one scratch. Them tractors, but especially the McCormick are looking great, too.

Cheers
    Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    Nice job. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a real one that you were using for inspiration. I finally realized that it was the model.
    Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. camwader's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jon
    Michael, The model is 245mm high, 80mm wide at the base and 60mm deep.

Mike, That's exactly what you're supposed to think. I always put a few pictures in a post before any text to give the model a chance to speak for itself. Thanks for the comment.

Jon
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Thank you Jon
    QUOTE QUOTE #5