Close

Concept noodling...............
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Concept noodling............... Concept noodling............... Concept noodling............... Concept noodling............... Concept noodling...............
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Just an ideal. Ive always loved the spine down the center of the Bugatti. Gives it a retro/airplane kind of look..
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    A few images of the frame...........a central backbone arrangement that will allow the engine/torque-tube/transaxle assy to be brought up into the frame from below............this set-up also allows for the floor of the interior to be as low as possible and still allow easy access.........well, kind of easy for something so low...............

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Concept noodling...............-concept-15-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-16-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-17-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwheels View Post
    So I've added a few openings in the shell............cold air in, hot Concept noodling............... air out.......and head and tail light features..........a place for my licence plate........door and hood cut-lines......along with the pin-drive, center-lock wheels.............

Tony
    Tony, this is looking good! With all the shape and detail going on on the front half of the car though, the rear view looks a little empty. Perhaps some access panels on the fenders behind the rear tires, or gas fill locations, or maybe a small trunk across the back end? Just my 2 cents. The frame looks awesome too. Keep up the good work.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Your right, Steve, about the rear.........I want to run the exhaust out through the body work at the back there, but wanted to get a little further along on the chassis stuff so I could figure out where to run the pipes..............probably incorporate a little grill or two together with the exhaust exits...........that licence plate space may move upward as well................and Dan's comment about the ridge down the center keeps me thinking about that as well...........heck, the whole thing could change by tomorrow................

Tony
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    A bit more on the chassis...........want to put anti-roll bars front and rear..........and may relocate the steering rack to get rid of the kink in the rod-end links.............that's the real beauty of the CAD stuff, a few slices, a couple new tubes, and the rack is relocated...........

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Concept noodling...............-concept-21-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-22-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-23-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. MADD FABRICATOR's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Richard D. Zimmerman
    Looks pretty awesome to me. Great concept car.
    CHEERZZZ !!!!!! MF
    NEVER argue with an IDIOT, for he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience !!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Thanks MF...........

Here's a few possible trim items..................the plate is a given, though...............

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Concept noodling...............-concept-24-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-25-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwheels View Post
    Thanks MF...........

Here's a few possible trim items..................the plate is a given, though...............

Tony
    I really like the chrome "spine" on the car and the grilles in the front. The grilles in the back under the tail lights seem like they could be integrated a little better. Perhaps create a trim that integrates the tail lights and grilles into one piece.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Very very nice!!! The only thing I would recommend and it's only a visual thing for me is to form the top a little rounder so it doesn't look so flat. Otherwise I can see myself tooling up and down I-64 in a dark green one.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    A few images of the current state of the chassis.............almost ready to go for a ride............

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Concept noodling...............-concept-chassis-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-chassis-jpg  Concept noodling...............-concept-chassis-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    You whip these things out like you were sketching with a pencil. I tried a couple of cheap CAD programs but just didn't have the patience to make circles and squares and jigger them into objects. Don't know how your mind works to just dash these things out as fast as a sketch.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

12. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    That looks fantastic Tony!
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

13. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Thanks for the comment Steve..............and Syd, I don't just sketch these out quickly......a lot of this had been done up to a point, and it gets worked on in between the other stuff, a little at a time..............and the CAD does have a substantial learning curve, but if you like to draw, eventually you get the hang of it..........my first exposure to the CAD work goes back to the early eighties, so I have had a bit of time to get the moves down............

Tony
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

15. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett View Post
    Hey Grandpa!!............Great to see you back here!!!!

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #30