Close

1. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Time for another "little" work in progress Rats............. ...........Now, I've always been partial to Chevrolets........but don't hold that against me..........the small block has the legendary history and all, but the big blocks, well, lets just say, they get the job done.........

This particular example is the 427 cu in variety with the 3 two barrel Hollys that showed up in the Corvette a while back.............

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Rats.............-bbc-3x2-1-jpg  Rats.............-bbc-3x2-2-jpg  Rats.............-bbc-3x2-3-jpg  Rats.............-bbc-3x2-5-jpg  Rats.............-bbc-3x2-4-jpg  Rats.............-bbc-3x2-6-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. troppo's Avatar Established Member
    Now thats some impressive modeling.
    I wish i had that sort of talent, apart from the pride aspect you can earn a few dollars in the 3D world. Plenty of poser and daz players want this sort of thing
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Nuthin' wrong with big block bow ties Tony, they are a regular item on the menu for Rat Roasting Elephants.

Heads up guys and keep an eye on these sneak peeks.
    Tony has graciously agreed to hang his hat in the TDR Rats............. hobby room.

We're still getting to know each other but between him and Tim they are certain they can drag us old fart TDR Rats............. analog guys into their pixel twisting playground.

Welcome to the TDR Rats............. family Tony.........
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Troppo............thanks for the comment........and yes, there is a market for the illustrations.............small, but entertaining...........

And Don.........thank you for the welcome..........I look forward to the adventure..........

Tony
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Ya gotta love the Chevy L-89 427!! I just got done assembling one not long ago from a 1/6 Revell Rats............. kit. I think a 1/8 scale version for the '65 or newer R-M kit would be a sweet deal.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. troppo's Avatar Established Member
    I didnt mean illustrations AJ, theres a whole world of 3D modelers out there that pay good money for 3d props, if you know how or had someone who knew how to convert these into a suitable format and create the textures for them you can earn some extra cash. My better half earns about $60 US a month with textures she makes for 3D clothing for poser and daz users. not a lot i know but its money for something she would do for nothing.
    Theres a lot of 3d images i`ve seen posted in here that blow away commercially available items for detail and complexity, this isnt the best example but its all i can find with a quick search, looks ok in total but theres no detail, and the detail can be very important. The engine is just a shape with a few parts tacked on, the market for high res high detail items is growing
    Check out the marketplace at renderosity to see whats happening, theres plenty of car stuff out there but not a lot of accurate stuf

http://market.renderosity.com/

Last edited by troppo; 06-29-09 at 01:43 PM. Reason: adding link
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    You've hit the proverbial nail on the head Troppo. Detail is where it's at and if you look at our TDR Rats............. products you'll see the detail that folks are looking for.

Please also see my TDR Rats............. post below.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7