Close

1. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Here's a couple of thing's I've worked up. Some still need some more work. Unfortunately right now, I only have access to Pro/E at work, so that doesn't leave me a lot of time to build anything for myself. I'd love to start building more as time permits. I'm trying to get it set up where I can have access to Pro/E at home too which would greatly increase my productivity.
    I've got pictures in my gallery of some of the rapid prototypes I have made from these models.
    -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Acouple of projects-245-40-19-jpg  Acouple of projects-841r_1-jpg  Acouple of projects-841r_3-jpg  Acouple of projects-mtm-jpg  Acouple of projects-mtm_19-jpg 
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    I always have trouble coming up with a unique wheel design..........it seems that all the variations of "spokes" and "perferated disks" have been done.............but these are real clean.........and tires, well, for me they are a real pain to get right,and then the file size is unmanagable............may be my lack of technique.............

Tony
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    I agree, tire treads are pretty tough. The only way I have been able to do anything that looks halfway right is to make my tire tread flat as a pancake in Pro/E and then import it into 3d Studio Max and bend it 360 degrees.

Steve, I like the tread on the tire you are showing. Did you model it after an actual design or is it your own design?

Also, Steve, if you happen to be a student......or are good friends with one, I know where you can get a legal copy of Pro/E including Pro/surface for $100. The student version will output STL files so you can take them to rapid prototyping Acouple of projects .

Check out "journeyed.com"

Tim
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Tim,
    The tire is modeled after an actual tire. I can't remember which one off Acouple of projects hand. I have the files at work. I was able to get the tread to work by using a combination of building one section of the tread flat, doing a spinal bend on it, and then doing a radial pattern on it. It did require some calculations to get it all to line up correctly when it was done.
    I've been out of school for several years now so I don't think I can get a student edition of the software, but if I can get my VPN software to work, I can connect to my full license on my work computer and use it at home. I have full working licenses for Wildfire 2,3,& 4 at work, as well as Mechanica. I tried the VPN a few months ago without success, but I think I'll probably try it again. It would be really nice to be able to play at home.
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    A "spinal bend" I can't say I have heard of that one. I am going to have to do some digging. You did the spinal bend in part mode, is that right?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Tim,
    Yeah, it was in part mode. The spinal bend is an advanced feature. If you go to the "insert" drop down, then go down to the bottom you should see something like "advanced features" or something along those lines. It's a little difficult to figure out, and as usual, the built-in Pro/E help is about useless. If you want, I can send you the actual pro/e part for the tire I did so you can play with it a little.
    -Steve
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwheels View Post
    I always have trouble coming up with a unique wheel design..........it seems that all the variations of "spokes" and "perferated disks" have been done.............but these are real clean.........and tires, well, for me they are a real pain to get right,and then the file size is unmanagable............may be my lack of technique.............

Tony
    Tony,
    I didn't design these wheels, just the way I made them 2-pieces for model building purposes. The flatter one is an MTM design, and the other one is an HRE 841R.
    -Steve
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by strevo View Post
    Tim,
    Yeah, it was in part mode. The spinal bend is an advanced feature. If you go to the "insert" drop down, then go down to the bottom you should see something like "advanced features" or something along those lines. It's a little difficult to figure out, and as usual, the built-in Pro/E help is about useless. If you want, I can send you the actual pro/e part for the tire I did so you can play with it a little.
    -Steve
    Let me take a look at the command and see if I can figure it out on my own. If I can't I might take you up on that.

Tim
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You guys hurt my head.....think I'll stick with my Lone Ranger water color set for a while yet. With all this inspiration I may even try colored pencils.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Garrett View Post
    You guys hurt my head.....think I'll stick with my Lone Ranger water color set for a while yet. With all this inspiration I may even try colored pencils.
    You can't fool us Don. We all know you ate your colored pencils and your wife wont let you have anymore.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10