Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Dreams

1. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Hey Everyone.

I just wanted to start a thread that would be a good centralized place for people to bring pictures of modeling ideas they find while surfing the web. Maybe it will serve as inspirations for some persperation.

I would like to kickoff the pictures with an idea I found on the HAMB site. I think it is one of the coolest bits of car art I have seen in some time. Do All the parts exist out there in 8th scale land? I think they do don't they?
    Attached Images Attached Images Cyber Dreams-stingrod-sketch-jpg  Cyber Dreams-stingrod-jpg 
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The guy that came up with that design really earned his cookies this week. I can see that being done. It would make a heck of a street rod.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Well, since nobody else is posting any pics up here I guess I will post up something that I worked up a month or so ago. This is my first little......and only...... venture into the art world.

A little TDR Cyber Dreams bird told me that this may be a future product for the Cyber Speedshop.

Please feel free to post up any neat pictures you happen to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cyber Dreams-fink_1-jpg  Cyber Dreams-fink_2-jpg 
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Guys. Are there any online tools that help you in doing these? Any web based 3D programs or other cool web gadgets we could add to the site?
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Checkout this free modeling package from Google.

Google SketchUp

I have never used it but I have heard some good things about it.

Here is another free package that is used a lot by people doing 3d models so there should be a lot of good user support sites

http://www.blender.org/
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 08-01-09 at 10:04 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Tim, I checked the links you posted above and honestly was pleasantly surprised at just how many features they offered in a "FREE" program. I watched the tutes and they really make it simple even for a beginner to start basic 3-D rendering. If you can remember which tool does what and follow a few simple rules....it's great fun if nothing else.

A darned sight easier than reading the manual that comes with programs like Corel and Adobe Illustrator. Jeff you and some of the other guys really should check 'em out. Great therapy from the bench.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks Tim I just downloaded the Google one and in less then a 30 seconds I was already creating masterful works of ?????

Well maybe I need some practice.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Looks like it's time to check this stuff out.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    Looks like it's time to check this stuff out.
    Heck yes, give it a go!!! Just keep it simple at first. If and when you try to model some car parts pic the simple ones like tires, motor mounts, leafsprings,....stuff like that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Tim. As you already know, this stuff is new to me. I'll have to throw away my pencils and eat all the crayons.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    Thanks Tim. As you already know, this stuff is new to me. I'll have to throw away my pencils and eat all the crayons.

Keep the crayons!!!! You will need them to color in the pictures on the computer screen!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Actually Tim, eating the crayons are an independent action. I would do that anyhow. Ask Don and Guido about that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    He'll be ok as long as he stays away from the green, purple and the yellow ones......
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Check out the art.........

Flat Out Crazy Cart Art by Dave Marek
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Cool Cart art. It's a lot different from the Ed Roth stuff, doesn't duplicate it and still tells the story. . That's a very good thing when it comes to art.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15