Close

TDR Cyber Workbench
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 295.00 USD (57%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

TDR Cyber Workbench TDR Cyber Workbench TDR Cyber Workbench TDR Cyber Workbench TDR Cyber Workbench
Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    We here at TDR TDR Cyber Workbench are striving to be the most dynamic, innovative and intouch parts supplier to the large scale modeling community. So I am starting this thread to be our ongoing meeting place for folks to come in, pull up a chair and talk about what they would like to see TDR TDR Cyber Workbench develope and to see what TDR TDR Cyber Workbench has developed and will soon be releasing.

I will use this thread as a showcase for our new, soon to be released products. I will use it to post up pictures showing the computer models we have developed and will soon be releasing. I wont use this thread as a WIP TDR Cyber Workbench thread, that will string things out too long. I don't want anyone to be disappointed waiting months for a computer model to be developed. Once I post it up you can bet it is finished and will be advertised for sale very soon. Once the advertisment is posted up, here on the SMC website, we will notify everyone.

Now what we at TDR TDR Cyber Workbench would like you to do in this thread, is to help steer us toward new and exciting products for you guys. If we release an engine kit, this is the place where you can talk about accessories to be added to that engine. If you want to have a 427 sideoiler engine, then let's talk about it. If enough people express intrest in it, then it will be put on the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench "ToDo" list.

If you want to talk to us about a "Personal Project" then contact me via private messages.

Just please remember, I am just one person, and it does take time to develope computer models to the point they can be made up on a 3D printer.

Oh, when I talk numbers or size of parts, I am talking of 1:1 TDR Cyber Workbench scale. You guys will have to scale it to your working scale.

So, with that said here are some pictures of items that have been made up and are in the "TDR Speed Shop" parts bin and soon to be advertised for sale.
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-07-09 at 05:58 PM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Well, this is an old model that was developed about 6 months ago. It is a model of a 255 cu inch Offenhauser, 4 cylinder engine. This type of engine ran for over 50 years in sprint cars, indy cars, boats, and just about anything that wanted to go fast from the 1930's all the way through the 1980's

Imagine having a 4 valve per cylinder, dual overhead cam engine back in the 1930! Mr Miller (the original designer) was an automotive genius and way ahead of his time!

The computer model is fully developed and in our parts bin. All we at TDR TDR Cyber Workbench have left to do is check to see if there are any "bugs" buzzing around in it.

This model has 62 individual parts for your detailing pleasure.

Note: The picture shows computer generated image of the engine in finish form. Our kit will not have the bolts or screw head modeled in. The bolt holes are modeled in and ready for your scale hardware to be added. Some ingenius little sole will probably come up with a hardware kit someday.

Well this baby is ready for sale now. Here is a link where you can find purchase info.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/classi...uct/157/cat/62

Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-finished-offy-1-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-finished-offy-2-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-finished-offy-3-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-finished-offy-4-jpg 
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-31-09 at 01:59 PM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Ok, the next little item is something I worked up one evening. I thought we could use some nice modern sport carseats in our inventory.

If someone decides to build a modern hotrod these seats would look right at home.

These seats are now available for purchase. Follow this link for more info.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/classi...uct/154/cat/65

Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-luxury-sport-carseats-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-luxury-sport-carseats-2-jpg 
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-31-09 at 02:06 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Now, for those of you that prefer a bone rattling ride. Here is a beefy 11 inch topfuel/funny car rear end. This baby is not made for your Saturday night racer, this is some serious hardware for a serious racer!

Notice the symetric quad braking system to hold your beast at the starting line!!!

This rear is now available for purchase. Here is where you can get more info.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/classi...uct/160/cat/63

Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-4bar-front-iso-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-4bar-iso-jpg 
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-31-09 at 02:03 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Ok, next up, is a nice low profile directional street tire. This tire has a 3 inch sidewalls and comes in 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6 inch widths. It also comes with appropriate adjustable cylindrical rims (not shown) to work with our modular rim/mag wheel system.

More on the modular wheel system later.
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-3-inch-family-jpg 
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-07-09 at 05:56 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Next up, is a nice low profile directional street tire. This tire has a 5 inch sidewalls and comes in 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6 inch widths. It also comes with appropriate adjustable cylindrical rims (not shown) to work with our modular rim/mag wheel system.

More on the modular wheel system later.
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-5-inch-family-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    The TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Speed Shop is now open for business. You'll find us in the Marketplace section under TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Parts.

Please make all orders through TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Parts, not here.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    We're about to unleash a dual four TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Hemi to our parts line. This engine comes with everything from the fan to a torqueflite trans. Available soon will be a line of speed equipment for this engine.

We're thinking about creating a kit, that would include an MF body, and a TDR TDR Cyber Workbench engine, trans and rear end. We want to give you what you want so would appreciate some feedback on this particular idea.

In addition, we have the capability to create almost anything, including satisfying the needs of our friends who build boats, planes, bikes and dioramas.

Talk to us!
    Last edited by Rick; 03-12-09 at 07:17 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    The Hemi and torqueflight sounds like the perfect place to start.

I love the idea of pairing with the glas bodies.

But even with XKens tutorial, I am still intimidated by a chassis build.

Perhaps another tutorial of some sectioned frame work would help things along.
    Anyone willing to step up to the plate?
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. kcvnd's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We're about to unleash a dual four TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Hemi to our parts line. This engine comes with everything from the fan to a torqueflite trans. Available soon will be a line of speed equipment for this engine.

We're thinking about creating a kit, that would include an MF body, and a TDR TDR Cyber Workbench engine, trans and rear end. We want to give you what you want so would appreciate some feedback on this particular idea.

In addition, we have the capability to create almost anything, including satisfying the needs of our friends who build boats, planes, bikes and dioramas.

Talk to us!
    I know a bunch of folks who would be interested in 1:8 scale Allisons and Roll Royce Merlins for their scale boats, myself included. Since you have the drawing of the Allison already set up for 1:8 what is the cost to have one 3D'd? I may be interested!
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    The Allison is already done, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.

Don, can you bring these folks up to date on it please.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Gotta run at the moment...but will try to shed some light on the Al this afternoon. I'm sure Tim will also post some info.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

13. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    I am in the process of making modifications to the Big-Al. I am trying to correct some detail errors that were missed in the first attempt.

I am close and working hard at it, so hang in there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

14. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Sorry to keep moving you around but we now have a Digital Forum. All threads with Digital content should go there.

That would include all 2D and 3D art. Thanks...
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

15. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Next up, in the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench Innovations stable, is the beast of all beasts. The 426 Hemi, complete with a dual quad setup, 727 Torqueflite tranny, altenator, power steering pump, all pullies and exhaust stub tube flange just waiting for your custom header tubes.

Also included in this kit is a complete crank output flange and flywheel. Just incase you want to display this engine on one of our TDR TDR Cyber Workbench engine stands.

Ok, this beast is now ready for sale. Here is where you can see more information on purchasing this monster.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/classi...uct/159/cat/62

Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-tranny3-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-tranny2-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-tranny1-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-pic-6-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-pic-4-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-pic-5-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-pic-7-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-pic-8-jpg 
    Last edited by Daytonatim; 03-31-09 at 02:01 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15