Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Took me close to half an hour to unwrap all this stuff( that's a good thing), each little bubble pack is taped and secure. The tiny parts are in their own little baggie....I didn't spread them out for fear of losing them. Gang all I really have to say at this point is "where the hell was this stuff when I was younger"?

This is the complete fan to trans TDR TDR Cyber Workbench 426. I also have the original prototype.......apples and oranges, this kit is complete and to scale with no major issues. If you have a little patience and basic modeling skills this is way beyond anything else out there in this price range. Yeah. I'm a cog in the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench machine but this is happy dance stuff.

A word of caution here from the old fart....these are not open the box glue 'em together kits.....but I can say without reservation...if you've moved up a step from glue bombs this will with a minimum of effort build up into a contest winner.
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-aelephant2-002-jpg 
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #31

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Looks like you beat me to the pic, Don. I'm lagging behind. I'm still working on solving some of the suspension mods for the box stock TDR Cyber Workbench deuce. I've got about 5 tutorials going at once for that alone. I'll be starting the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench 426 this weekend.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

3. Just posting this here for a wish list. if thats okay. thanks guys

For such car lovers out there as ther are, This sold out pretty fast...

The “California Kid” 1-24th scale diecast from The Danbury Mint Nascarnbroncosfans’s Weblog

and I went to visit the Real car this past week finally after 33 some years.

The California Kid, my visit, March 31st, 2009 Nascarnbroncosfans’s Weblog

I am really suprised that there IS NOT a demand for the 34.

Even doing a 34 bonnie n clyde car would be great. 4 door?

many repro companies make rolling chassis for complete repro cars now.

too bad we cant get the the drawings scaled down for mini dies to be made and make mini brass fenders-bodies-chassis.

........anyway, was just a thought.

Original Posting:

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...y-fenders.html
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I would suspect that a 34 body and frame could be done but it would be some time in the future, probably later than sooner to be honest. We have so many irons in the fire and pending projects going on that making anything now would be extremely difficult. I'm not sure how long it takes to get accurate measurements, draw up the blueprints, master the body, fenders, grill and all that stuff, make good molds etc etc, but I do know that to make something worth distributing to our members takes quite a long time and more effort than we can expend at this time. In my opinion, the 34 is different enough from the 32 that working off a 32 would give us a number of inaccuracies, angles, shapes and whatever such that the resulting product will not be accurate enough to put our name to. When we make it, we definitely want to make it right. Hang in there and we'll do the best we can. Thanks for understanding.

BTW, those pics of the Kid are really great. Thanks for linking them up.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 04-17-09 at 12:16 AM.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

5. Would it be a good idea the contact Steves Auto Restoration and try to get some drawings? They DO the Complete '34 in rolling chassis. New Bodies

maybe an option?

Steve Frisbee is the owner.... maybe one of the web owners-fab guys here can contact him?

Steve's Auto Restorations - Home

Or even Jason Slover at www.peteandjakes.com who owns the actual car.

(trying to help)...

anyway, hope everyone had a great Easter
    QUOTE QUOTE #35

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    To be honest, getting the drawings IMHO won't speed up the process. That's one of the easier parts to do. Getting to the stage where you can provide a product is the biggest stumbling block. That's what's going to take the time. I love the 34 as much if not more than the deuce. I even have a picture of one exactly the way I want to build it. It's a chopped 3 window coupe in an Ivory color with wide whites. Like I said before, hang in there. Everything in it's own time. :)'
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

7. okay well about the time you dont offer help, someone will want it.

thanks
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

8. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Time to put this debate to rest.............as a partner in TDR TDR Cyber Workbench , I can tell you that the 34 will not happen any time soon. We have bodies, parts and accessories being developed and we have a list of things to consider in the future. The 34 is on that list.

Lets get back to building what we have.
    QUOTE QUOTE #38

9. Debate?.....hardly. Trying to offer resources and asking questions? Yes.

Im done
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

10. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    No, this "debat" is cool. This thread is here to wish and dream.

Just to let everyone know though, when it comes to car bodies I have a real tough time modeling them. I have done them before but they take an long time, about 3 months.

But there are other people out there that can model car bodies up in about 3 days. So, I will take this opertunity to post up some some sources of electronic models that everyone can check out and network with that might just get them the car of your dream.

If you find something, just rattle my cage and I can work with you to make sure you purchase something I can work with and I can work it up into a form for rapid prototyping TDR Cyber Workbench for you. I am currently learning the quarks of modeling up car bodies for rapid prototyping TDR Cyber Workbench and there will be some coming out soon.

So here are some links to Computer car models sources:

Probably the best car artist I have ever seen
    The Digital Garage Project

This site is full of artists that love to make computer model of cars
    Scratch Made Cars - Car Blueprints Forum

This is the largest computer model site out there
    3D Models, 3D Modeling Textures and Plugins at TurboSquid

This site has a lot of top shelf computer models
    3d02.com The Finest 3d Model Store

If you want that car of your dreams, we have to work together. I just can't do it all, I don't have the time and/or talent. But if you are willing to put some work into it I am willing to help.

Tim
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #40

11. This site is mostly in spanish or italian and I cannot tell where or who to contact.

The Digital Garage Project (http://www.palat.com.br/cars.html)

Scratch Made Cars - Car Blueprints Forum (http://www.smcars.net/)

SMCars is a huge pain in the behind to get registered and I gave up after 11 times of trying the no spam question-code.
    QUOTE QUOTE #41

12. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    This page has his email address in it. Just write him, he is a friend of mine and a really good guy.

::: | DAN PALATNIK | :::
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    nascarnbroncosfans, Tim, Rick.
    TDR TDR Cyber Workbench is a group of modelers as are we all. Wish lists are a great thing because it gives us a barometer to help us decide what our priorities are to be. However we will not tell you guys that something is in the works unless it actually is a viable product.

All that being said lets deal with this '34 issue so that there are no misunderstandings, hurt feelings or confusion. A few us us would like to have a '34...that's cool beans.

Will TDR TDR Cyber Workbench do one anytime soon.....nope! TDR TDR Cyber Workbench is set up where it takes all 4 of the guys that pay the bills and do the grunt work to make this stuff happen. We are lucky to break even on these projects and that has to be considered. We are here to give the large scale industry a breath of fresh air and some new toys to play with. Keep in mind all this is at our expense.....not the modelers.

Rick has already said "too many things to take on another body right now". I'm finishing up the C-cab 3 'n 1 kit and moving on to a Roth inspired '70s show car body and then if all goes well a proper '49-"50 Merc.

None of this is to say you can't have a '34....you certainly can and TDR TDR Cyber Workbench will help any way we can....but understand that means you finance and do the leg work to make it happen.
    I know this may sound a bit abrasive but it's not intended to be that way....my mouth isn't in my pocket and I speak my mind. Sorry big guy but unless you are willing to roll up your sleeves and really get involved in a '34 it's going to be a while. Feel free to contact me (back door privately) if you want to pursue it.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #43

14. "too many things to take on another body right now".

Understood......

debate over
    QUOTE QUOTE #44

15. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Hey guys. I have been kind of quiet on this thread lately. Part of that is due to the work being done on the 1/8th scale Offy buildup but also because I have been digitally working on a secret project. I cannot tell you what it is, I will leave it up to others on this site to do that when they think the time is right.

My end of the secret project is done for now so I am free to work on other things that are not so secret. So I thought I would give you guys a sneak peek at a new engine I am working on. TDR TDR Cyber Workbench 's next big project is going to be a highly detailed Jaguar XK engine, tranny and bellhousing. Here are some WIP TDR Cyber Workbench pics.

If anyone spots any problems please speak up now, this is why I am posting the WIP TDR Cyber Workbench pics, because they are a lot easier to address at this stage than farther down the road. Also please chime in with any thoughts or ideas, your input is invaluable.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-1-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-2-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-3-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #45