Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Hi Tim. I'm not sure if this is the thread for this post, but one of the items on my wish list for the 426 HEMI is: www.kinsler.com/NewProducts/Pics/JPG/Hemi_orange_web.jpg Ya think we would see something like this on the option list in the near future???? Inquiring minds would like to know.. Thanks!........ Guido R.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Guido, wishlist items like this is exactly what this thread is for so please feel free to post up ideas like this any time.

Yes, a fuel injection system like you linked to, is very high on the priority list for Hemi accessories. We also want to get a blower setup and a tunnel ram setup. As of your posting, the injector system is in the lead to be the first to be worked up. Unless others start to chime in with their wishlist items

If I could get you guys to give me input like this then I will know what directions to start heading. It only makes sense to make what you guys want.

It also helps a lot if you guys could post a lot of pictures or plans for the items too. The computer modeling part is not the hard part, it is the accumulation of information that goes into the modeling that is hard and time consuming. If someone has a highly detailed model part of the item, in any scale, and could send it to me, that is the best. That way I can mic it and study it and model it up pretty quick. I will return the part as soon as I am done.

Tim
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    COOL!! Thanks Tim.
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Wish lists - mine would take up several gigs of space, but one (deceptively?) simple item I'd like to see is a motorcycle chain kit in a sufficient range of sizes to cover 1/9, 1/8, and 1/6 scales. The links could be photoetchings, but I suppose the pin/roller parts would be best produced by some automated turning process. With a range of blank sprockets - teeth only, and a center hole (modeler finishes the other holes or cutouts to suit), many otherwise excellent kits could be greatly enhanced. Thank you for asking.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Nortley.........our friends who build bikes, boats and planes are on the radar screen but its going to be a while before we move in that direction. Our focus right now is on the automotive scene and creating a line of parts, accessories and bodies because thats where our audience is.

Don't be discouraged though, when you guys ask for something it will be put on the list and when Tim has the time, he'll throw some pixels into the shaker and see what comes out.
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Listen up gang, Tim is saying to talk "wish lists" here. TDR TDR Cyber Workbench is working for you....
    I'll break the ice here by posting my wish list.

1. An accurate nail-head, 409 or Olds Rocket.
    2. Simple TDR TDR Cyber Workbench 9" kit with U-joints (just the pumpkin and out board stuff) discs or backing plates. The axle tubes and drive shaft (plastic hobby store stuff) could be cut to the length needed for individual builders needs by the builder. And most of all.......inexpensive.
    3. Speak up....if you guys want this stuff, understand that we're deciding our what to do production on your input......if you have nothing to say, chances are it won't happen.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Boy if you would have asked for an Olds Rocket 10 years ago I could have had all kinds of engines to model from. Had an old friend of mine that was head over heals for Olds 455's.

Man what a beast that engine was. He an I were out cruising one night and he decided to jump on it in town...... All I remember doing was grabbing onto the A pillar and yelling "NOT IN TOWN BOB, NOT IN TOWN!!!!!!!". He must have layed a pair of 50' black marks. The cops were just one block over and just waiting for someone to get stupid.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    That's a torque monster for ya Tim... All 510 foot pounds of it. That's enough torque to rotate the Earth on a different axis.... Depending on which direction you were traveling....
    Last edited by Deuces-wild; 03-28-09 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Just fer giggles
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'll piggy back on what Don said. I'd also like to see the nailhead, 409 and the Olds. The Olds and Ford pumpkin rear ends would be an ideal alternative to the deuce quick change rear. If we can also have an S.CoT. blower, that would be great too.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    TDR TDR Cyber Workbench has had several requests for a Ford 9" rear end. Tim has it at the top of his list and it will be the next addition to the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench parts list. Like Don said previously, the kit will consist of the center section and some brackets, probably for coilovers and four bar set up. The options will include wither disc or drum brakes. The builder will have to supply his own axel tubes.
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortley View Post
    Wish lists - mine would take up several gigs of space, but one (deceptively?) simple item I'd like to see is a motorcycle chain kit in a sufficient range of sizes to cover 1/9, 1/8, and 1/6 scales. With a range of blank sprockets - teeth only, and a center hole (modeler finishes the other holes or cutouts to suit), many otherwise excellent kits could be greatly enhanced.
    Hey Nortle:

That would be an interesting little model to try and is perfect for computers. You only have to model 3 or 4 components and repeat it A LOT OF TIMES. Like I said, perfect for a computer.

If you could post up some dimensions of the chains and sprockets, in real world 1:1 TDR Cyber Workbench dimensions I will look into it.

I like a challenge.

Tim
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Wasn't sure where I was going to put this thread......but this seemed to be appropriate I guess. The TDR TDR Cyber Workbench kids figured that we should offer the 426 in resin TDR Cyber Workbench as well as the Do It Yourself kit.
    M.F. (that's the old master up there in the highlands somewhere) said "hey, some of these guys aren't going to want to do the sanding TDR Cyber Workbench and finishing work on these DIY kits, how about offering a basic hot TDR Cyber Workbench rod Elephant in resin TDR Cyber Workbench for the guys that are just getting started in large scale".
    Being a glutton for punishment I said "OK"...send me one and I'll turn it into a master for casting TDR Cyber Workbench .
    Jeff is going to be doing an evaluation/tute on building the DIY version so I'll just stomp around here to keep you guys in the loop as to what, where and when the resin TDR Cyber Workbench version will be ready to go.
    I've talked with Rick and for the next couple of weeks, this will be the only project on my bench....we agreed that getting it out as quickly as possible is a priority so here we go.
    The kit came in the mail today and I haven't had hands on this version yet. TDR TDR Cyber Workbench is constantly upgrading their products quietly in the back ground.
    My next post will be square one......opening the box and seeing how it's packaged and presented....yes there will be tell tale photos. Follow along gang....most of you know I call 'em like I see 'em.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

13. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    I'd like to see a Suzuki Hyabusa engine, complete with a parts kit so that you so that you modify it as much as you wanted to, and you could build a rear engine hot TDR Cyber Workbench rod, should you feel the need to do so. A pro street rear end, various styles of racing seats, ranging from the period correct to the race ones, with slots for harnesses, individual instrument bezels, so that you could set the instruments out, and not as per the decal TDR Cyber Workbench .
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

14. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Hey Rob

Have a look at our parts page. TDR TDR Cyber Workbench has a pro street style rear end kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

15. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Back to the biz at hand.......opened the box containing the TDR TDR Cyber Workbench 426, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Dumped out the contents, wow, now that's some bullet proof packing. Gold Star for packing and presentation. I really hate buying stuff only to have it damaged in transit...no way with this packaging. I'm already happy and I haven't even inventoried the parts yet...sure is a bunch of 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images TDR Cyber Workbench-aelephant1-001-jpg  TDR Cyber Workbench-aelephant1-002-jpg 
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #30