Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-22-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

G'day I haven't contributed to the forum much lately, I've been busy with modelling commitments! So heres a few shots of a Mulletto I've been working on for quite some time know .
      The body and assosiated panels are all painted just letting them gas out for a month before polishing, the entire chassis and engine is being detailed as can be seen from the pics. Still looking for a set of mulletto racing tyres to fit to it !:)

Sean
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Sean what did you use for the wash on the engine block. Sure adds a huge amount of detail and realism. Looks absolutely great. l:
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    What about clevis's for the control rods and acorn nuts for the valve covers? Ill get started on those today and get an update on soon.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars
    What about clevis's for the control rods and acorn nuts for the valve covers? Ill get started on those today and get an update on soon.
    I don't like those acorn nuts you get aftermarket my 14 ba nuts look way better and I've made it so the valve covers can be removed by undoing all the nuts as on the real thing! I haven't finished the control linkages etc as yet still alot of detail work to go!
    I use artists Raw umber oil which can be brought from any good art supply store , I think the effect is good and I apply it to all my builds I hate the toy plastic look on a finished model that doesn't have a wash applied!

Sean

Monza Mulletto progress
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    O-wee thats sweet lookin.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks Sean

So what dont you like about the aftermarket acorn nuts? To shiny, wrong scale, ????

At one time we made our own washes Monza Mulletto progress with enamel Monza Mulletto progress paints and tints. I still have about a pint each of Raw Umber and Burnt Siena tints. Thats enough to do about 25 gallons each. Guess Ill be all stocked up for some time...:)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I just want to be sure of something. That's all scratchbuilt, right? It's not a Pocher kit, is it? First rate build. Now for the question. How exactly do you apply your wash. I always seem to do too muck and it's got to be my technique. Also, the nuts and bolts: How are they made? I use the ones from the train stores. I like what you're doing a lot better.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    I just want to be sure of something. That's all scratchbuilt, right? It's not a Pocher kit, is it? First rate build. Now for the question. How exactly do you apply your wash. I always seem to do too muck and it's got to be my technique. Also, the nuts and bolts: How are they made? I use the ones from the train stores. I like what you're doing a lot better.
    Thanks Jeff no this ones not one of my full scratchbuilds it's a pocher kit with alot of extra work going into it, pity more people don't want my full scratchbuilt stuff
    I'm getting Pocher builds coming in all the time, alot of owners of pocher kits get them given as gifts or buy them, get them home lift the lid off the box only to realise they can build the kit ,others are starting to realise the value in a well built pocher and hand the job over to a professional

The wash process is very easy ... use one part Raw umber oil to 4 parts turpintine or what ever you guys call it in your part of the world,
    the secret in the application is to get the consistency right before applying to the model ,a good mix can normally be judged the same as mixing paint for airbrushing Monza Mulletto progress should be very watery but have a rich brown color.

Applying it is simple use a fine paint brush dab into the umber mix and apply to all the raised areas and seams of the model the mix should flow with cappilary action if not thin the soloution even more with turps until it does.

Don't worry at this point if the mix spreads where it's not supposed to go as it can easily clean of with a small amount of straight turps on a tissue.
    Once your happy youv'e got the stuff where ever you want it let it dry for a good hour and wipe off lightly once again with a small amount of turps on a clean tissue. and your done !!
    Dan I really got nothing against the acorn nuts except that they don't funtion where as mine do and I like the Brass look.

Sean

Monza Mulletto progress
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Sean. That's a technique that has eluded me for a bit. Are the acorn nuts milled and tapped by you?
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. No Jeff I used to make my smaller screws cause the smaller they go down in size the larger the hip pocket gets now I've decided to purchace the whole range, I work with BA much cheaper than metric but harder to come by, I am giving some thought to converting to metric though because of the avaliability thing!
    Heres some more pics of the underside of the car I've plumbed Monza Mulletto progress up the the oil tank etc all thats left to do under the car now is to add a floor between the two rear chassis cross members and add a battery box as well as a bit more detail painting then I can start working on the engine and remainder of the chassis parts.

Sean

Monza Mulletto progress
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Sean, all you've shown me is the real car, now show me what you did to the model. Wha??? it is the model?? FLUMPH !!! ( Hot Monza Mulletto progress Ford Coupe has just lost consciousness and plummetted to the hard vinyl floor of his hobby garage, his hobby knife Monza Mulletto progress still clutched in his styrene Monza Mulletto progress , glue and paint smeared hands. He lies there motionless and stunned at what he's just witnessed coming from the illustrious Modelmaker's incredibly clean work table. His wife quickly notices his plight and then in a fury grabs her coat and her purse and rushes out the door to the Honda waiting and eagerly beconning the matching key to the ignition lock. Starting it up she cunningly plots her M.O. to get to the shopping mall to attend the latest fall fashion sales and back home again before our hero comes to and realizes the empty receptacle where his hobby money stash was cautiously and deviously hidden under an old unfinished deuce frame. Tune in later tonight for the conclusion of "The Case of the Overturned Deuce".
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. :eek: :eek: :eek: He He , mate you got a way with words!!:D can't wait for the next exciting episode of " THE CASE OF THE OVERTURNED DEUCE"
    Thanks Buddy!!l: I'll throw a few more pics up soon .

Sean

Monza Mulletto progress
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Ok a few more pics of the front of the car I working on at the moment!

Sean

Monza Mulletto progress
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Get stuff Sean, love the photos.l:
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    The amount of scratch building is fantstic. The wiring on the exhaust side, the copper detail on the intake manifold, the oil lines and the safty wire on the body bolts are out of this world. You must have a Leprechaun under contract to get into the tight places.

Do you have access to a real Alfa? I am not sure one can find all that detail to mimic by just chasing internet images.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15