Close

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2086
    1. Kit: Roger Zimmermann, by (Yearly Subscriber) Roger Zimmermann is offline
      Builder Last Online: Feb 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (17 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 24
      Started: 05-17-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built

As stated in my presentation, I'm doing since 2 years a Continental Mark II, scale 1:12. Presently, I'm doing the floor; the trunk floor is ready. The next step is going towards the front by doing the floor under the rear seat. To spare metal and unnecessary reworks, I did first a model with cardboard. Now, it will be easier to cut the brass at the proper place.

Continental Mark II
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. DominiqueBeerts's Avatar Avid Belgian
    Name
    Dominique
    Reading your posts, I should go and take on nitting instead of messing with my models :-)
    No seriously, great show, Roger. The build has inspired a lot of us, not in the least perseverance and problem handling.

The fact that the outcome if the thread is a brilliant model is a logical bonus.
    So again: Thank you, Master!
    Best regards,
    Dominique.

Feel free to browse through my photo albums
    QUOTE QUOTE #2042

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    When the time comes to photograph your model, can I request another family portrait? All three of your "children"?
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2043

3. happyfreddy's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    freddy
    CONGRATULATIONS ROGER
    Your work is the best I ever have seen : precision in every detail !!
    And "swiss made" is the only equal description to this kind of work.
    Thank You to let us follow building up this model. You canīt imagine how many
    things I have learned for my own task.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2044

4. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    I think the weight distribution is because the trunk is full of fine wine boxes
    QUOTE QUOTE #2045

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Low miles, one owner, -you should be able to get a good price?
    QUOTE QUOTE #2046

6. Scott H.'s Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Scott
    Thank you for sharing this incredible build. What an inspiration to all of us. So, what's next?
    QUOTE QUOTE #2047

7. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Wow! So many comments! Tonight, I will have difficulties to stay modest as I used to be (we say in French "Je vais avoir la grosse tęte!")! There is certainly something similar in English, I don't want to just translate something making no sense for you.

Well, it was a long journey; not always quiet, sometimes with "I have enough of it" but, with some medicine like red wine (I think I'm grown enough to drink that king of stuff), the next day was always another day. I'm glad most followed me during all those years with fidelity, even at my very slow pace. If I have to believe most of the answers, it seems that I was like a teacher. This was not at all my goal as I saw here constructions for which I just can say "Bravo". When I see some pictures from cars done by Gerald Wingrove, I'm totally frustrated. He was probably the one who pushed me to have more detail, or things the "others" don't do. Some kind of masochism. I'm really sorry if the pictures I posted all those years had the same effect on some of you, it was not at all the goal (I just can repeat it).
    As I cannot write so much like Roy, I will close here my remarks from today. I will add soon the beginning of this mad adventure.

Again, thanks to all.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #2048

8. happyfreddy's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    freddy
    Hi Roger,
    In the beginning of Your story You told that other pics can be seen at ACCA forum.
    The posted link does no longer exsist.
    Perhaps possible to show these pic in this forum for having a real complete story ?

Roger Your work has no need to be hidden.
    Itīs on same level like the mercedes of Markus68 or former builders
    like Michele Conti or the famous motor constructor Patelo

and many many others.

I donīt know how many people have fun with just wasting time by doing nothing.
    Doing things like You in any case more sinful and You can be proud of it - really.

Your work gives me a lot of inspirations how to do and Iīm surely not alone
    with this meaning
    Thanks again
    QUOTE QUOTE #2049

9. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    You've called the build officially done? That's kind of sad in a way. Any time I logged into SMC, this build was the first build I looked for.

This is one of my favorite builds to read. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the progress from start to finish and I was here from the beginning when you started posting on scalemotorcars. This is a true work of accomplishment and achievement. I have learned much from this build and I hope to take some of your knowledge with me when I start my model building again. And not to hijack your work but this is what I started 10 years ago...

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...atchbuild.html

The pics in that thread is what it still looks like today...I am hoping to start work on it again this year because I am retiring. Maybe then I will have time to do what I want to do.

I will surely miss seeing this build.

Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2050

10. happyfreddy's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    freddy
    Hi Mike,

You wrote ".... because I am retiring. Maybe then I will have time to do what I want to do."
    Many people think when retiring will be enough time for things always wanted to do , but the
    older of age the faster the time will run. Itīs still the life and no one can change it.
    Itīs a nice project Youīve done so far as Iīve seen and I hope You will find enough time for
    progress besides family and other things......
    QUOTE QUOTE #2051

11. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks Mike for your comments. I checked your link and was amazed at your radiator. You are using a very thin brass; I have some of them but to make a radiator, I must absolutely consider another way of work. You see, it's always possible to learn from somebody else. Im glad you were not killed in Afghanistan and enjoy your retirement. As Freddy wrote, the time is going faster and faster!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #2052

12. Denis.M's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Denis
    Hello Roger

Nice to see you've finished before me

It' a amazing and a wonderful job you did, it's a very fine work like a better swiss watch

Denis
    QUOTE QUOTE #2053

13. BrassBuilder's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Zimmermann View Post
    Thanks Mike for your comments. I checked your link and was amazed at your radiator. You are using a very thin brass; I have some of them but to make a radiator, I must absolutely consider another way of work. You see, it's always possible to learn from somebody else. Im glad you were not killed in Afghanistan and enjoy your retirement. As Freddy wrote, the time is going faster and faster!
    Thanks Freddy and Roger,
    I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I won't be working full time and I'll make time for my hobbies now. Thanks for the comments on the radiator. I had actually started another one that is partially finished but I don't have any pictures of that one.

I do hope you find a smaller project that you can work on Roger and keep a presence here on SMC.

Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2054

14. gbritnell's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    George
    So many superlatives having already been used it's hard to come up with another. Just a gorgeous piece of craftsmanship worthy of any accolades presented.
    Thanks so much for taking us along.
    gbritnell
    QUOTE QUOTE #2055

15. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Roger,

I was looking through your ACAA forum's thread on your build, and there you have posted an amazing picture of your Toronado's engine bay. The one looking straight down onto your model's engine. Wow! That is an excellent engine!

Just as beautiful as your Y-Block!

-Don
    QUOTE QUOTE #2056