Close

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1960
    1. Kit: Roger Zimmermann, by (Yearly Subscriber) Roger Zimmermann is online now
      Builder Last Online: Dec 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (16 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 24
      Started: 05-17-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built

As stated in my presentation, I'm doing since 2 years a Continental Mark II, scale 1:12. Presently, I'm doing the floor; the trunk floor is ready. The next step is going towards the front by doing the floor under the rear seat. To spare metal and unnecessary reworks, I did first a model with cardboard. Now, it will be easier to cut the brass at the proper place.

Continental Mark II
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Ah! The wiper motor...It's a long time ago! It's not in this forum but, when the model is completed, I will publish here what I did till my first post here; there are about 2 years of work missing here. Unfortunately, I cannot add those posts in chronological order; they will follow the last post with the pictures from the finished model.
    Indeed, I glued the Avanti inside mirror to the windshield with cyanoacrylate Continental Mark II but it was before the windshield went on the car.
    Good to know what for side effects these products may have!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1952

2. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    Paint job looks great. So many hours, wow.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1953

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    And now? No more updates? Indeed, I did almost nothing recently, slow enough to finish next year and not in 2018!
    I want to do a nameplate instead of a license plate, of course with the script “MARK II”. I had the stupid idea to choose a script art with “feet” which is making each letter very difficult. Indeed, I cannot do them in one piece (except both I I) but in 2 or 3. The letters M and A are requiring 3 parts silver soldered together; probably I can do the R and K in 2 pieces. We’ll see.
    As you can see, the “A” is still missing an element: I had to fix the /\ at the top to be able to adjust the missing element.
    My letters are maybe too fat; it’s hard to see the results before something is done.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1954

4. happyfreddy's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    freddy
    Very nice work so far Roger , congratulations

Because of Your letter - problem ....

Why do You do it not by milling with a ALU or brass block ( in dimensions of wanted plate ) like a name plate at doorbell ?
    In this case milling of positive letters instead of negative ones

After milling You just color the whole block and polish only the top surface
    Perhaps markus 68 can do this for You because he owns a CNC milling machine as I know .......
    QUOTE QUOTE #1955

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Roger!

Filing clean sharp, and balanced letters is not as easy as some might think! Is it?
    Are you using clipped art work as a guide? or dry transfers?

-Don

PS- Are you making a manufacturor's plate or a personalized plate? -If personal, and "American" you might check around, each state has it's own unique artwork, decals are available for most, and in 1/12th scale.

Or? a Swiss plate?
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 12-12-18 at 08:11 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1956

6. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    Sorry happyfreddy but i did not own a cnc-milling machine, only a milling machine. Markus
    QUOTE QUOTE #1957

7. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    To Freddy: if I'm farming out brass work, it would mean I'm loosing the war! Indeed, I could have choose simpler letters, but sometimes a little complexity is good to see if one still can manage it. The horizontal bar of the A is 1.5mm in length, 0.4mm high and was silver soldered successfully!

To Don: indeed, the "correct" font is not easy. I choose from the computer "times new roman" and "biondi", print a page and mixed both fonts together.
    This will be a neutral plate, maybe with a black or dark blue ground and the letters MARK II soft soldered or glued on it, like I did for the Avanti (have a look at my avatar).

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1958

8. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    The script is slowly going forwards; the letter “K” is not yet done. All is done with a file; therefore some details are not 100% identical from one vertical element to the other. Hardly to be seen in reality, obvious when enlarged on the screen.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1959

9. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Roger,

If your "K" doesn't materialize you could spell

! WAR ! MAP ! PAW ! PAM ! IRA ! MA ! & RA!!
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1960

10. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Fantasy full are you!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1961