Close

Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 122123124125126127
Results 1,891 to 1,895 of 1895
    1. Kit: Roger Zimmermann, by (Yearly Subscriber) Roger Zimmermann is offline
      Builder Last Online: Oct 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (16 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 24
      Started: 05-17-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built

As stated in my presentation, I'm doing since 2 years a Continental Mark II, scale 1:12. Presently, I'm doing the floor; the trunk floor is ready. The next step is going towards the front by doing the floor under the rear seat. To spare metal and unnecessary reworks, I did first a model with cardboard. Now, it will be easier to cut the brass at the proper place.

Continental Mark II
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Which translate with 80°C (sorry, I have trouble with Fahrenheit degrees). I have nothing to loose and can try that; the jack will not be destroyed if that process is failing. The paint I used was similar to Dupli- Color. I will report back!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1892

2. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis.M View Post
    When I saw the photos of your car on the forum I had think in a first time : Roger modify a good kit
    Thanks Denis!
    If a kit would be available at 1:12, I would have probably not began that model.
    By the way, my first plastic kit was a 1:32 Revell Continental Mark II Continental Mark II. Long, long ago!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1893

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    "Cooked" the jack this afternoon at about 80°C for one hour. I cannot say if the paint is harder now; when moving the cart, it took a slice of paint with it because the play between the leg and the moving part is too tight and the paint (without clear) has some thickness.
    I did a correction with a brush. Anyway, the jack will not be used on a regular basis!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1894

4. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Usually, when I’m reluctant to begin a task, problems will arise. This is what is happening with the installation of the RH door wiring and the dash into the car: the wiring is jamming at each end of the dash! One step forwards and 3 backwards: I will have to do the wiring across the floor but for that, I have to remove the carpet I already installed! Of course, the velvet will be destroyed because it is glued to the support. Sometimes modelling is not fun!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1895

5. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    Yesterday, I removed some pieces from the carpet (velvet) and the underlying material. Boy! I did not spare with the glue when I did that! I will use less in the future…Now, the RH door is permanently “attached” to the body with the wiring. To keep the excess wiring as short as possible, I put the door on some wood and protective material. That way, I can work into the car without be limited by the door. It would be nice to have connector(s) but they are taking too much space!
    The wiring is held on the floor with instant glue; I hope that I will not have to do some modification! The wires are adding some height at the tunnel; I will have to do some padding on the tunnel to have a level surface with the wires.
    Today, I will redo the carpeting on the RH side. The next step is to solder the wires to a circuit board which will be located behind the LH kick panel. After that, the dash will come in.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1896