Close

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 121122123124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,882 of 1882
    1. Kit: Roger Zimmermann, by (Yearly Subscriber) Roger Zimmermann is online now
      Builder Last Online: Oct 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (16 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 24
      Started: 05-17-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built

As stated in my presentation, I'm doing since 2 years a Continental Mark II, scale 1:12. Presently, I'm doing the floor; the trunk floor is ready. The next step is going towards the front by doing the floor under the rear seat. To spare metal and unnecessary reworks, I did first a model with cardboard. Now, it will be easier to cut the brass at the proper place.

Continental Mark II
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. happyfreddy's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    freddy
    I think the extreme difference are only on picture not real

The problem with such pictures is that You always took them from any angle position, so that things in deep look shorter.
    To get such pictures like a stamp You must took them with 90 ° position. Second problem than is the flashlight of camera.
    Take two lamps opposite position so that there is no shadow at item and switch off the camera flashlight.
    To make any different measurements visiable take a lineal with millimeters or inch marks beneeth the item.
    Regarding the millimeter mark lines You just see if there is any perspective view.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1877

2. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    You are right Freddy about how to picture an item. However, the difference which can be seen is not a distorsion, it's real! I did an error while doing the part: I centered the ring in relation to the horizontal outside line from the horizontal bar, which is incorrect: the ring must be positioned relative to the upper and lower edge from that bar. As the trunk lid surface on which the emblem is installed is inclined, the horizontal line is not in the middle of the horizontal bar.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1878

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    The memory is a strange thing: before I began the new ornament, I could not remember how the first emblem was done. While “playing” with the second one, the “click” came: I just took 3 pieces of brass large and thick enough to have enough material to file away to get the desired shape. This time I did differently: I prepared the horizontal bar and gave its definitive shape. Then it was the turn to the vertical one. Finally, I did grooves into both parts to have an as perfect as possible fit. As I’m using that fantastic silver solder paste, if a void is too large, the result will be compromised. Joining both parts went well, no rework at the joints were necessary; however, the cross is not yet ready: a tiny part, the one behind the helmet, had to be done separately for practical reasons. More grooves and fitting were performed until I was satisfied. The soldering paste came once more in action; the attached picture is showing the cross without any rework after the soldering; a good polishing will be needed to remove the residues and discoloration on the brass.
    Compared to the old cross, the emerging vertical bars have the same length when measured from the horizontal bar’s edges.
    The next steps are more grooves to have the décor support fitted, plus another four grooves for the circle.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1879

4. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    The trunk emblem is ready to get plated Continental Mark II . I’m attaching a picture with both emblems for comparison. The space between each line is 1mm; this is just for Freddy!

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1880

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Looks Very Good!

Do you have a spare decal Continental Mark II to compare it to?
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1881

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks Don! Yes, I have some but they were not correct, the space for the cross is too small, making the décor too large. A new version should come in soon.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1882

7. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    While waiting for the decals, I began a futile assembly: the bumper jack. People familiar with US cars from the fifties and later are accustomed to the usual bumper jacks; the one for the Mark II is different and as dangerous to use as the others, simpler ones.

As I wanted to have a functional jack, some planning was necessary.

The picture is showing almost all parts needed for that accessory. Among the missing parts: the hook which will be made according to my bumpers.
    In between, the last decal Continental Mark II ’s batch came in; I can now continue with the dash and further assembly, but first the jack will be finished.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1883