Close

Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118119
Results 1,771 to 1,778 of 1778
    1. Kit: Roger Zimmermann, by (Yearly Subscriber) Roger Zimmermann is online now
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (16 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 24
      Started: 05-17-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built

As stated in my presentation, I'm doing since 2 years a Continental Mark II, scale 1:12. Presently, I'm doing the floor; the trunk floor is ready. The next step is going towards the front by doing the floor under the rear seat. To spare metal and unnecessary reworks, I did first a model with cardboard. Now, it will be easier to cut the brass at the proper place.

Continental Mark II
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks Don! Today, I also delivered today my second transmission, Sunday I will deliver the third one. I'm free now! (till July, as a '57 Cadillac Hydramatic will come in).

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1772

2. Haddewade's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Mark
    Kit
    Roger Zimmermann
    Wow! that first picture looks like its been taking in a body shop. Stunning.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1773

3. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Roger Zimmermann
    Hello Roger,

I just finished doing something that I have done more than a few times, and that is to go to your gallery, and play the slide show feature. It is one of the features of this forum that I enjoy the most, and with your gallery it is as good a lesson book as I've ever come across.

If someone new to your work, and this forum, were to follow my suggestion, they will not regret it.

Thank you for all that you have shown and shared.

-Don
    Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 06-02-18 at 09:43 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1774

4. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Don, thanks for looking more than once at my pictures. Unfortunately, as I jumped later in this forum, not all pictures are available from the beginning. You may go to the AACA or the Mark II forum which, unfortunately, don't have, if I'm right, a slide show feature.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1775

5. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Kit
    Roger Zimmermann
    Continental Mark II
    Hello Roger,

Oh, I think I've seen it all. I first discovered you and your Avanti, and then on the Craftsmanship Museum. And coincidently, I discover that you too are a fan of the Oldsmobile Toronado. Then while researching Continental MkIIs , I went to the MarkII Forum, and somewhere along the way the Hemmings site.

As I recall you were just starting your patterns for your tires. You had made the wiper motor already. -at one point a friend gave me a hub-cap fin, to show me what you were up to, when you were making your hub-caps.

Also, I am a member of AACA, and in their latest issue, the editor was sharing some pictures of a Pocher 540K, that he had built, and I was tempted to suggest that they could, (with your permission), create a truly stunning article, maybe a series, documenting your build. The pictures are already on they're site.

So? Unless you have been holding back, -I think I am as current on your work as anyone. (I have even made a portfolio of your work along with some photographs of actual cars and/or parts for comparison, when I show your progress to friends.)

You #ONE fan in Long Beach, California, USA

-Don

Last edited by MODEL A MODEL; 06-03-18 at 06:50 PM.
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1776

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    Thank you, fan from Long Beach! Ah! those fins...It was a complex matter with my equipment, but I got them rather right. To do the wheelcovers, I had a real one on loan, it was a great help.
    I doubt that the AACA editor will take the time to do what you suggested as it's a lot of work as you cannot just copy/paste. You still may ask, the editor would get my permission.
    A few things happened since my last post:

Logically, once the headliner was installed, I had to install the quarter windows. Sometimes ago, I wrote that I expected difficulties…I’m not disappointed, they are coming! I assume that I never tried the quarter windows with installed roof moldings, what an error…The groove at the roof is not deep enough, not by much: about 0.3 mm (0.01”) would have been enough that the widow is not touching the channel. With 1.5 V, the LH quarter window is stuck in the middle of its travel, either up or down. I tried to modify a bit the roof moldings; I won maybe something, but not enough. What to do? I’m trying with 3 V, which is quadrupling the power. With that boost, no problem the window is going up or down without problem, but much faster!
    The RH quarter window is functioning with 1.5 V but very slowly. With 3 V, the window is very quick! I tried to add a resistance but then, with what I have at disposal, the power is marginally increased and not sufficient to overcome the friction.
    By using 3 V, I’m faced now with another problem: the bulbs for the parking and tail lamps are for 1.5 V; I will have to either add a resistance to the lamp circuit or an electronic device to have 1.5 V for the lamps. By using 2 1.5 V bulbs in serie this would be OK, but I don’t want to modify what is already built, otherwise it will never be finished.

I added a circuit board at each motor to facilitate the soldering of the various wires.

The quarter armrests are not yet installed, I can do it once the body is on the frame because some screws are behind the armrest.

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1777

7. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Continental Mark II
    As everything was once installed and functioned correctly, I assumed that the RH door would be easy, but it was not. It was like the parts were done for another model…The frame for the vent window was too tall; it was touching the gutter at the roof. Why? I don’t really know as the holes to attach it at the door were the same as previously. Even by scrapping the paint under the gutter was no help, I had to elongate the holes to lower that assembly until it was just no more touching the gutter. Then, the side window was touching the quarter window, no matter how I tried to adjust it. Finally, I had to shorten the window’s frame by almost mm. Once those corrections were done, I noticed that the motor at the window needed more power, therefore the 3 V for the quarter windows are welcome for the front too. Of course, with that tension, the windows are really fast; I prefer that situation as being forced to help them with the fingers…
    I assembled the window module to the door with all the needed screws and connected the wires from the arm rest/switch to the ones from the door to test if all was right. The side window still got up and down but the vent window refused to move! The motor was turning, but the clutch was slipping. Once again, everything went out; I did a small rework at the clutch and added some viscous material at it. This time, I was more careful and tested the function and installed the door into the body (to check the clearance) at each new step. The attached picture is showing the final testing for the switches and motors.

I assume that the LH door will give the same amount of trouble…

Continental Mark II
    QUOTE QUOTE #1778

8. markus68's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Markus
    QUOTE QUOTE #1779