Close

Builder Last Online: Dec 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-09-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Well I have't done this in a while so here we go! I've just inherited a very large Sum of large scale multi media kits from a Client of mine and this kit in question is one of them.
      I thought I may as well document the build here ! The car in question is the Christian Gouel 1/12th scale T57 Bugatti Atlantic. I won't go into any more detail regarding the kit as Ton has pretty much covered this in his build thread.
      To date I have been busy cleaning up the resin Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build body and attaching the Photo etched Combs/spines in readiness for acrylic Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build primer Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build /top fill, once this has dried I can get a better Idea of where I've missed , clean those areas up and attach the 1000+ riverts.
      Suprisingly Ton as I said on your Thread My body is very nice and requires very little work.
      Ton I'm of a different opinion to you on the Comb as I think it looks right, I did however cut the groves several mm deeper into the body as you did but I don't think I'll be removing any of the upper exposed material.

Sean

Build Photos

Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build-dsc05588-jpg  Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build-dsc05585-jpg  Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build-dsc05589-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Sean. I'm glad to see you back at the bench. I'm going to follow this one closely as well. As I mentioned in the other thread, the Atlantic T57Sc is my all time favorite Bugatti. This is a chance to see how two good builders approach the same subject.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    Are you going to open the doors?
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. No straight from the box this time, just a quick easy no Brainer build.

Sean

Modelmakers Christian Gouel Bugatti Atlantic T57Sc build
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Suprisingly Ton as I said on your Thread My body is very nice and requires very little work.
    Ton I'm of a different opinion to you on the Comb as I think it looks right, I did however cut the groves several mm deeper into the body as you did but I don't think I'll be removing any of the upper exposed material.
    Of course it is my personal opinion after looking at zillions of pictures of the 4 atlantic cars ....but maybe all these pictures blurred my sight That is the nice thing about our hobby: everybody can do his own interpretation of reality. Looking forward on your progress. You know already what color the car will be painted?
    Regards

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #5