Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 8C 2300 Alfa

Builder Last Online: Apr 2010 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-19-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Well here we go, to many wants, not enough time/money. But today I again got a super deal on a Pocher. For many years I would only buy a kit, but with the prices as much as a used car for one of the high end kits, I now look for re-buildable assembled cars. And as favor would have, I believe today I got a complete car at a price that makes me one happy boy. I received another kit this past Monday (FIAT), then yesterday I made a offer for this one and the guy accepted this evening. Did not take long to log onto Pay-pal and pay for this gal. I will go thru the car, tear down and rebuild, this I believe would make the 5th 8C Alfa I have had. This version offers a unlimited world of mods and or versions. Will clean up and will work on down the road, got a Cord 1st on build list.

8C 2300 Alfa

Build Photos

8C 2300 Alfa-budu-pwbwk-kgrhgookiwejllme-bknocp3ecg-_12-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-bududlwbwk-kgrhgookjuejllmu-7-bknoc6r59q-_12-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-buduntq-wk-kgrhgookjyejllms1ctbknod-pe-_12-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-budu0dq-wk-kgrhgookimejllmvzhzbknoec-ujg-_12-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-budu4rqbmk-kgrhgookjwejllms-t7bknoeqqqjw-_12-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Buildlarge's Avatar Established Member
    Hello to all my friends, have been off line for awhile. As stated in my last post I was busy building for another designer and now that, that project has been completed, I feel the need for some plastic. You guessed it, the Alfa. I hope to get a good start on the engine this weekend between bouts w/a Russian Coastal Ironclad. So keep a eye out, photos ;';;';soon. By the way, I was blessed during the summer with a bag full of cast metal parts for use on the Alfa. Will be posting my mods of them as well. Wow, a whole bunch of Pochers taking shape here since last visit. Hope all had a great Thanksgiving and look forward to a Wonderful ******mas. Rick

8C 2300 Alfa
    QUOTE QUOTE #47

2. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    Let's see the metal parts that you got.
    QUOTE QUOTE #48

3. Buildlarge's Avatar Established Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Archer View Post
    Let's see the metal parts that you got.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, been very busy of late. This is a sample of the stuff I have amassed for the 8C 2300 re-build. I have put this off for some time and hope to start working on again this winter. Thanks for your interest.:)'Rick

8C 2300 Alfa
    Attached Images Attached Images 8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-001-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-002-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-003-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-004-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-005-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-007-jpg  8C 2300 Alfa-alfa-metal-008-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #49

4. RC-Archer's Avatar Established Member
    No worries, I know how it is.

Wow!! You have a lot of nice stuff there!! I'm almost finished with my Monza and I'm just hung up on all of the little details now.

Check it out, My name isn't showing up in the side panel

RC-Archer
    Last edited by RC-Archer; 01-02-10 at 08:52 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #50

5. Buildlarge's Avatar Established Member
    This is just a small part of what I have amassed for this build, ordered PE parts from Germany, have detail parts from Model Motorcars 8C 2300 Alfa and a complete 2nd kit. I am planning to build a chassis or look for a Spyder body and do that with the extras. Hope to receive a brass radiator soon. There are some items I just don't seem to be able to come up with: Side step for getting into vehicle, outside tool box and I guess I could make this, a spare tire holder. I will add resin 8C 2300 Alfa fenders, PE windshield frames and debating about a steerable third light to the front of the Alfa. These cars lend themselves to such a diversity of mods, the sky is the limit. I want to try some things with this one I have not done in previous Alfa builds. I have enjoyed seeing your postings as well RC-Archer. Happy New Year to all on the Forum. Rick

8C 2300 Alfa
    QUOTE QUOTE #51

6. Jim Nunn's Avatar Member
    Name
    James
    Buildlarge,

I’m pleased to see you over here I just joined yesterday with the thought of building my Alfa and taking a break from paper models.

I’ll be watching your build with keen interest.

Jim Nunn
    QUOTE QUOTE #52

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Jim, Welcome to the site. We'd love to see what you've been building. :)'
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #53

8. Buildlarge's Avatar Established Member
    Hey Jim, I know you:)'. Glad to see another paper cutter here too. I have played around with this Alfa for awhile and have not been in a hurry to re-do, however the bug is biting to get rolling on this long time project. Will be watching for your build as well. Working on a French destroyer and have not done much on the Alfa, but alas, hope to post some photos of the engine this weekend. Again, welcome and like like the other Forum, these guys is crazy bout cars. Rick

8C 2300 Alfa
    QUOTE QUOTE #54