Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-25-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I've been fortunate that I'm in the possession of the early version of this kit (including the differential and transmission gears). I plan to start building it soon. I've bought the separate engine kit (via Ebay from a guy in belgium who still has 72 engine kits, paid only 30 euro for it). Plan to make an open version from it to show besides the car. Before I start I have a few questions:
      [LIST][*]Looking for some reference books, anybody has some ideas about good Bugatti books showing lot's of detail?[*]For the open engine kit, I gues I would need to paint the crankshaft and pistons, any suggestions on colour schemes?[*]Would like to design a engine stand. Mario I've seen some great ones from you. Where do you get the designs from? Any ideas for the Bugatti engine?[/LIST]
      I'll start putting some pictures on the site as soon as I start. ;';;';

Barend

Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    These are great for attaching to drill presses. This is what is needed to do really good job with engine turning.

MICROLUX X-Y TABLE ATTACHMENT

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. barend's Avatar Active Member
    Bob, indeed a drilling table but not from dremel Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit but from protar which is quite a popular brand in Europe. After a lot of searching on the internet I have found some spraying booths however no sign of the Paasche one here in Europe. I think it is not available in Europe.

All,

I have a question concerning the waterpump of my bugatti. I'm busy with replacing all the bolts but I can't make it out if the cover of the pump and the place holder have bolts (square or hex) or rivets? I have attached a picture of the parts to show what I'm talking about. Anybody an idea?

Barend

Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit
    Attached Images Attached Images Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit-engine-83-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's a good question. How visible will the part be after the model is completed? If you really can't see the part all that well, I'd either replace the bolts with small hex heads or just pick out the molded heads with some metallic Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit paint. It also depends on how accurate you want the model to be. That however is purely a personal decision. Try contacting Herman for that info. He really knows his Bugattis, including some other builders on the site.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 04-17-09 at 07:29 PM.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    You certainly have not discovered the photo server at Bugattibuilder yet:

Bugatti photo server - Home

I did some searching on the photo server for you:

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/...=lastup&cat=27

See the bolts? All square. That makes it a bit more difficult. Bugatti is known for the odd bolts. (among other peculiarities)

Also see the timing cover? Scraped, not swirled. (scraping and swirling are 2 very different procedures. Gerald Wingrove has a nice pece of text in his second book (about the Royale) about scraping Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit .

Oh, and about the blow-off valves: I have seen almost no picture of a car with 3 blowoff valves, usually only 2 (the middle one can be cut off...) By the way the top 2 pictures show the middle valve present, and the 2 side ones missing.
    Last edited by Herman; 04-17-09 at 04:57 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Herman, I knew I could count on you for the best info. Thanks for responding so quick.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. thoen944's Avatar Member
    Name
    ernest
    barand,
    do you think the Belgian man (i am 1/2 Belgian myself) has any engines left?
    you can email me with info if you want.
    THIS IS MY FIRST POST on SCALEMOTORCARS!!!!
    thanks.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    I have plenty of engines (unbuilt) so if you need one, PM me. I am in Holland, though...
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. thoen944's Avatar Member
    Name
    ernest
    herman,
    i was born in den haag (1946)!! Livin' in the USA.
    how are you and how much is an engine?
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. thoen944's Avatar Member
    Name
    ernest
    how did the flag get there???? I am not a flag guy!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Thoen944. Welcome to the site. The flag showed up because the 3 letter code for said flag is U S A. It's actually one of the smilies. If you don't want the flag to show, I can change that for you. Also, if you put spaces or periods between the letters, the flag won't come up. When you put the letters U S A together with no spaces, you get the flag. This drove me crazy when we first started these smilies.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 05-03-10 at 04:23 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. thoen944's Avatar Member
    Name
    ernest
    hot Building the Bugatti T50, K76 kit ford
    thanks for the info

does anyone in the U S A have a copy of the CD that helps to build the model? could you make me a copy?
    Herman's computer is on the frit.
    btw, thanks Herman!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #27