Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Builder Last Online: Sep 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-16-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Brilliant thread from RR Boat Tail contributor. I've got a box of Pocher RR bits that I have been wondering what to do with.
      It's basically just a chassis and wheels. Fortunately the RR Radiator is included, and it's one of the old originals made from soldered brass and plated Pocher Rolls Royce Boat Tail . I also found a small article with a few B&W photos of a Boat tail that was taken at a RR meeting here in England in a company magazine for an adhesives company. It's one of those projects where you store the bits and article for 20 years or more and then see something like your contributors thread that gets the interest going again. Now that I am close to retirement and have just fitted out a nice little workshop it's a project to get stuck into.

The Hornby thing!!!! I spoke to one of the Hornby team at the 2007 ScaleModelworld Show and I was told that they have no immediate plans to resurrect any of the Pocher model kits.
      I expect that they have enough to contend with having acquired Airfix recently. The Pochers were simply part of the Rivarossi acquisition to get the model railway stuff, Hornby's core business. Personally I cannot see Pochers being marketed again unless Hornby sell it on maybe to a Chinese company who may be able to keep the cost down.
      One thing surprises me about Pocher when they were in business, is that they did not tap into the American market with a Duesenberg SJ Derham bodied tourer or something. It is a model I would dearly would have liked to see them make, but alas that was not to be. Wouldn't that be a beauty in 1/8th scale?
      Come on Trumpeter! How about you making some 1/8 or 1/12 scale classics?
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    Beautiful work. Interesting to see that a boattail car even has a swim platform.
    QUOTE QUOTE #62

2. Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    And I thought my boat-tail was one of only a few in the world.
    Dan,

I had what is probably your model in my shop for a restoration a few years ago, and have restored the webpage about it here: [U]Rolls-Royce Skiff Body 1:8 scale model.[/U]

Pocher Rolls Royce Boat Tail-p4280005w700-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Pocher Rolls Royce Boat Tail-p4280004w700-jpg 
    Last edited by SVtrackhead; 03-17-15 at 06:27 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #63

3. Mark Adams's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mark
    Does anyone have a contact phone number for Reinier? I ordered a Boat Tail kit from him in November along with other stuff, and he has since stopped responding to emails. This seems out of character for him, based on what I've read, but he has 1k Euro of mine, and I'd kind of like to talk to him.

Thanks!
    QUOTE QUOTE #64

4. Perfectionist's Avatar Member
    Name
    Nathan
    I need to get a hold of him also...Same reasons
    QUOTE QUOTE #65

5. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    [B]Found on a domainsite
    [/B]

modelcarspecials.com
    Reinier Wilderink
    Clavecimbellaan 395 Rijswijk 2287vp
    Phone: +31.703961775 Fax: +31.703948981
    Mail rwmadvies@wanadoo.nl

Not sure it works anymore !!

Last edited by Egon; 03-09-15 at 09:13 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #66

6. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks Egon, I haven't heard from Reinier in a few years. . Last time he was online was Apr 2013.

This is his profile here on SMC
    http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/....php?877-rewil
    QUOTE QUOTE #67

7. Perfectionist's Avatar Member
    Name
    Nathan
    Blast, none of those numbers nor emails are currently working. ("DNS server returned answer with no data")
    I'm afraid he has taken our money and run. 3 months and nothing.
    QUOTE QUOTE #68

8. If it's only been three months since you've heard from him, I would guess he's had a health or family emergency that hasn't been resolved. You might contact Herman Brouwer and see if he knows anything. He's a member here but not sure of his username, his webpage is here http://www.bugattibuilder.com/ .
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #69

9. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Herman is his name here, and from Holland.
    QUOTE QUOTE #70

10. Perfectionist's Avatar Member
    Name
    Nathan
    I'd like to give benefit of the doubt and I hope the man is alright. Phone goes through but not English or no idea/garbled?
    But last email contact was indicating "will send it this week." 3.5 months ago
    Looks like I'll be undertaking a Boat tail conversion from scratch.
    QUOTE QUOTE #71

11. Mark Adams's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mark
    Thanks. I have repeatedly e-mailed him, and not received a response. I have also told him I am OK with quality taking time, but jees. How long does it take to blast out an email, health or family problems included? (granted, if he kicked the bucket, that makes email a bit difficult)
    QUOTE QUOTE #72

12. Haddewade's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Mark
    I'm from Holland and this morning a have try to get in touch, to bad the number doenst exsist anymore.....
    QUOTE QUOTE #73

13. Mark Adams's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mark
    Well, I gave up. I filed a PayPal dispute, and recovered most of my money. I got hosed because of the dive that the Euro took, and I hated to go that route. But, in the absence of anything resembling a response, I had to. I am also out the 2 Bugatti valve covers I sent him to be reworked.

I do hope that he is all right, as he was quite pleasant to correspond with.
    QUOTE QUOTE #74

14. Perfectionist's Avatar Member
    Name
    Nathan
    I've done the same but his paypal account is now frozen/locked by Paypal "for multiple offences" and I have not been able to recover any monies.
    QUOTE QUOTE #75

15. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Not sure if its been posted already but this is his Facebook page. No activity since 12/13 but is a shot. Honestly doesn't look good. He wasn't the type to just drop everyone like this. Hope he's ok.

https://www.facebook.com/reinier.wilderink
    QUOTE QUOTE #76