Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2012 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-04-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I saw that were quite a few Pocher builders here, so I would like to share my project: the 1932 Alfa Romeo Spider Touring Gran Sport.

I found a very cheap kit on eBay, which unfortunately was in pretty bad condition, impossible to use for a complete build. I then got a better one, which is the model I build, but I'm very happy to have the first kit as a spare part back up! I'm sure the seasoned Pocher builders know about the (lack of) factory quality control and how common it is to get bad parts even in a factory sealed kit!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the engine. I have enhanced it with quite a few parts from Model Motorcars Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider : The valve covers with acorn nuts, the water pipes etc.

This is my first Pocher build, so I'm learning as a go along...

Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-engine1-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-engine3-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-engine2-jpg
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Kelderek's Avatar Member
    Name
    Per
    Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider
    Here are some more pictures of the build!

The front axle is from Model Motorcars Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider , very true to the original!
    I also used the metal leaf springs and the rubber tires from the same company.

The standard Pocher plastic dashboard looks pretty dull, so I made my own from wood. The hands on the instrument dials are from a German guy who sells them on eBay. Tricky to assemble (they are tiny!), but they make the instruments look so much better, the standard dials just have the hands printed on the decal Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider . The cute key ring with keys came with it as well!

The chassie is close to completion, so I will post more pictures when I'm there!

Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-instrumentpanel-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-rearaxle3-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-rearchassie-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-wheels-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-front-axle-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Welcome Per,

It looks good...and with the after market parts of MMC you have got the best

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. CTDavies's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Chris
    Hi Per, good to see you here. Good to see an Alfa Romeo Spider thread here as well. Please keep us informed with your online build log. You've made a great start. Chris
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. hmaia's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Hermilio
    Hi Per,
    You have a great start for one of the most beautiful Alfa Romeo's ever built. The car is amazing, please keep the updates for the thread coming. My first Pocher was the Monza, I couldn't find a Spyder available at the time. I see that you have done a great job with the wire wheels. They are the hardest part of the kit. Keep up the hard work; I know I will be watching this post.
    Welcome to Pocher mania,
    Hermilio
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Looks good man!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Kelderek's Avatar Member
    Name
    Per
    Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider
    Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, hmaia, the wire wheels are a challenge. I have followed the advice of Paul Koo on his DVD with Pocher building tips: Make the first spoke layer totally symmetric, then turn the second plastic ring 120 degrees clockwise. That way the spokes in the second layer will fit better! I also used an alternative spoke pattern for the outer third layer, it makes the result look better and closer to the real thing.

I finished the oil pipings under the chassie today, I attach some pictures below. The exhaust system still needs to go on, then this part of the chassie is pretty much finished.

Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-chassie01-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-chassie02-jpgPocher Alfa Romeo Spider-chassie03-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Heysan Per från andra sidan av sundet i Kastrup.
    Looking good so far, need some tips just ask.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. this build is awesome. ive never seen a pocher kit. but they seem so detailed. excellent job
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Kelderek's Avatar Member
    Name
    Per
    Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider
    Chassie is finished and here are some new pics.

Lots of parts from Model Motorcars Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider adds to the appearance, they really do some great stuff! I also did a number of improvements of my own to add detail.

The tube that holds the ignition wires is not included in the Pocher kit, but it was easy to make from 5 mm aluminium tubing. All reference photos of real cars show this kind of setup.
    The fuse boxes (the two brown boxes on the firewall) is another disappointment with the original Pocher kit, I made new ones. The original car has six wires through each fuse box (the Pocher model just four) and the holes in the firewall are located wrongly. Easy to fix, though!
    Attached Images Attached Images Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch01-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch02-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch03-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch04-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch05-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch06-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch07-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch08-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch09-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch10-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch11-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch12-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch13-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch14-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch15-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch16-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch18-jpg Pocher Alfa Romeo Spider-ch19-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. CTDavies's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Chris
    Great update, Per. Very clean work.
    'Man's love of innovation will never die'Karl Benz
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. ghiaman's Avatar Member
    Name
    Jonathon
    Hello

I am new to this site and to these models. I have come across a Pocher Spyder for a good deal and i had a few questions about it. First if the engine has already been constructed would i be able to take it apart? My other question is, about how long does it take to construct one of these models?
    QUOTE QUOTE #12