Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 39 Lincoln 4

Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-06-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Now that the holes for the head have been drilled, I need to put on the bumps onto the head. I forget what the bumps are called but you'll see them in the pics. The pictures demonstrate how the areas were lined up so that the bolts will come through unobstructed. The pictures should be self explanatory for how to make them. If there are any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. The rings were cut off the drilled rod and cemented with liquid cement.

39 Lincoln 4

Build Photos

39 Lincoln 4-linc-10-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-11-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-12-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-13-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-14-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-15-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-16-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-17-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hee, got a ways to go before that photo shoot Jeff. Please don't forget to send me an invitation to the gala lawn gathering.......tuxsedos and champaign for everyone.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hee hee. We get all the guys together that are doing classics and Pochers and make like Pebble Beach. We just have to be real careful not to step on the cars. You're right, though. That photo shoot is a loooooooooong way off. It will be glorious anyhow.

39 Lincoln 4
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Today, I put the bolts in that will be used to hold the head on. I haven't trimmed them yet because I still have to stabilize the bolt heads with some styrene 39 Lincoln 4 "paste". The head will be removable but I won't take it off yet so the bolts will all line up correctly when I'm done. You can see the holes with the heads in them. Once the styrene 39 Lincoln 4 paste sets, I'll be able to do the final clean up, add that one plastic boss that fell off, put on the water outlet and correct anything out of whack. I also included a photo of the real thing and a photo of what the finished car will look like.

39 Lincoln 4
    Attached Images Attached Images 39 Lincoln 4-linc-20-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-21-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-22-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-linc-23-jpg  39 Lincoln 4-1939-lincoln-00889-jpg 
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 11-09-07 at 11:56 PM.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Jeff......this is a Durham Classics 1/43rd scale 38 Lincoln Zepher from my collection. I posted it just to give you another idea for body and upholstery combo's.
    Attached Images Attached Images 39 Lincoln 4-p1010008-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Rick for the help. I think I've settled on the color of the car in my photo. No other color except a deep green would go well for me. I'm already making my deuce green. The interior is another story. It's going to be a custom interior, not like a lead sled but more like a special factory or aftermarket order type of thing. It will be a leather of contrasting color, maybe an ivory or something in that vein. The whole build has got to look striking but in a classical sense, very elegant and rich. I'll check my stock and go from there.

39 Lincoln 4
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I've just about finished the second head assembly. I need to add the bosses and the water tubes and they'll be done. Pics to follow. I also decided on an interior scheme which will be mostly ivory leather with deep red suede inserts and accents.

39 Lincoln 4
    QUOTE QUOTE #22