Close

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (3 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-25-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hello Everyone,
      new guy here, Chris from Germany. First a little bit about myself; I am 50 years old, work as a freelancing architect, I'm married and have a daughter who's now 12 years old. I've been building models all my life, and in the last 20 or so years I focused mainly on RC scale airplanes. I tried my hands on a Pocher Mercedes when I was a teenager but failed miserably, so this here is my second attempt (actually it's my third - but more on that later). I have been looking for something other than RC airplanes for a while and started looking around on ebay for a Pocher project to try out without spending an enormous amount on a mint kit, that I'd would probably ruin in the process.
      So here it is: I was able to purchase a started Mercedes for a reasonable price a few months ago, that was in desparate need of some TLC, which looked like the right project for me.

Build Photos

Article: Pocher K74 Mercedes Benz Spezial Cabrio A rebuild-3-2-1-meins-04-jpg  Article: Pocher K74 Mercedes Benz Spezial Cabrio A rebuild-3-2-1-meins-05-jpg  Article: Pocher K74 Mercedes Benz Spezial Cabrio A rebuild-3-2-1-meins-01-jpg  Article: Pocher K74 Mercedes Benz Spezial Cabrio A rebuild-3-2-1-meins-02-jpg  Article: Pocher K74 Mercedes Benz Spezial Cabrio A rebuild-3-2-1-meins-03-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sjordan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Skip
    You might be interested in this article on a 1936 540K Special Roadster, coming up for auction at Pebble Beach August 18-19. Expected to fetch the highest price of any Mercedes ever sold at auction, somewhere around $13 million.

http://www.extravaganzi.com/von-kriegers-1936-mercedes-benz-540k-for-sale-at-gooding-companys-pebble-beach-auctions/

Last edited by sjordan; 07-17-12 at 02:25 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #377

2. TrucknSean's Avatar Member
    Name
    Sean
    I am trying to find exact plans on the type 57 bugatti Ralph lauren that rich guy is selling models on it the money I do not have so I sent him an email and received zip/zero for my effort next I contacted the bugatti club same story zip my model would be large scale to bring out endless detail probably 1/5 scale it would be mostly of brass when ever possible much like the lite blue model lauren is selling but I cannot build it with out these plans the plans must show every nut and bolt in vast detail can anyone help me out?? sean yellow horse email Lakotaman44@g.mail.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #378

3. Tminiot's Avatar Member
    Name
    Tony
    Hello to everyone on the website!!!
    I'm new and owner of a k74 mercedes pocher.
    Thanks a lot for all the good pics and idears written on scalemotorcars.com !!
    If you have a pocher car waiting for you to be built don't hesitate just do it !!
    TONY
    QUOTE QUOTE #379

4. rcisneros's Avatar Member
    Name
    Roberto
    wonderful work, stunning, a new way to do things well.

Roberto
    QUOTE QUOTE #380

5. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Were you able to return to this build? The Jag is great but a little for SMC.
    QUOTE QUOTE #381

6. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    This Mercedes is for sale on Ebay now act quickly if you want a perfect body build.
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/361689354879?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

[B]Sold for small money[/B]
    Last edited by Egon; 08-26-16 at 05:55 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #382