Close

Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start
Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Dec 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 03-27-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Finished the engine last night. The Alfa project is now complete.

Started 3/3/09, finished 3/26/11.

Build Photos

Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg  Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    VERY nice Andy. I hope you'll enter it in the engine show.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Thanks Rick.

I'll enter it in Open Class.

Andy.

When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    Outstanding.
    You set a high mark to shoot for!
    Well done sir.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Superb job Andy!
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Giovanni's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Giovanni
    Bravissimo!!!

Regards,
    Giovanni
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Thanks guys. It was a labor of love. And I do mean LABOR!

I'm really glad I did it, but i'm also glad it's over as I'm really ready to move on to a new project. 2 years, 3 weeks, 2 days is long enough to spend on one project.

QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Hello Andy,
    hope you're heading for a Pocher Mercedes this time.....would like to learn some more.
    Your Satin Doll and the Alfa are outstanding.

Cheers
    Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Actually Michael - I was thinking about going back to a project that I started some years ago called "Enzo's Revenge". It was a 100% scratch-built '29 Ford Roadster Pickup with a 1954 Ferrari v12 engine.

Having spent the last two years on this Alfa, I'm kinda Pochered out. Now that being said - what is it you're trying to learn about the Mercedes. I've got hundreds and hundreds of M-B 500K and 540K pictures that I'm happy to share.

Andy.

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. jarrow's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jim
    There is a photo of the engine and car on Scale Auto Magazine website coverage of the Buckeye Classic.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    This is the first time I ever got a model into a magazine. Look out Hollywood here I come! I can see it now... Leno, Conan, Letterman, Parties, Talk Shows, Red Carpets, Babes throwing themselves at me! This is going to be GREAT!!!!!!!

And don't worry folks - all the fame and fortune won't go to my head. Nothing [I]EVER[/I] goes to my head!

Now where did I put those dark sun glasses?

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Hello Andy,

thank you very much for your offer to share some of your Benz pictures, I appreciate this very much. Got a lot of research pics already, most of them for the engine and interior, but some good shots of chassis details would be just great.

Thanks again

Michael
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    I'll dig up some chassis pics and post them at my site. I'll let you know as soon as they're there for you Michael.

Andy.

QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I've also got the MB on my shelf Andy so will look forward to the site pic's.

About that "Enzo's Revenge"........PLEASE DO IT!! The engine would be a great addition to the Engine Building Show and the car is a perfect fit for the site car show.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    I'm really giving it serious consideration Rick. I started with the 1954 Arno XI v12 engine kit and was in the process of converting it from a boat engine into an automotive engine. I envisioned six chrome exhausts all tangled up on each side with six double-barrel carbs lined up down the middle and on and on and on.

I was planning on doing a brushed aluminum body from scratch and just leaving it that way ala Jimmy Shine's Bare Nekkid.

The overall theme was going to be a WWII Bomber with a wrap around canopy and all those exposed rivet heads on the "fuselage". I think it would be great to do a hot Alfa 8c2300 Engine with Magneto Start rod because I could do whatever I wanted without having to worry about authenticity. My only concern is Enzo's Revenge could easily turn into another 18-24 month project and having just completed one of those, I'm not sure I have it in me. So "Plan B" is a snap-tight corvette in Pink from Barbie's Playhouse.

I just don't know what to do... I'm sooooo confused...

Last edited by Andym; 03-30-11 at 12:08 PM.

QUOTE QUOTE #15